Recommendations for a first car?

17 at the moment, when I pass my test, I'll go on my mum's insurance on her car for a year or so and then hopefully get my own car.

I'm not a boy racer, I'm more of a chauffeur-type driver. I want looks, reliability and efficiency. I don't really care about how many horses it has under its bonnet or how fast it goes. Would like a 4 seater, but I'm not really bothered if it's 2.

Smart roadster any good? If not, don't criticize, just recommend and advise.

Favorite Answer

1. Vauxhall Corsa D - (1.2, 3dr/5dr, low insurance group, very good MPG, quite road noise)

2. Fiat Grande Punto - (1.2, 3dr/5dr, low insurance group, VERY GOOD MPG [46.1mpg], good value for money, and very relaibnle) - i've got one trust me they are really nice cars and worth the money

3. Ford Fiesta mk 6 - (1.2, 3dr/5dr, very good to drive, good MPG, overall good car)

4. VW Polo - (1.2, 3dr/5dr, very good MPG, inside looks a bit plasticy but very reliable)

Good Luck ! :)

Source(s): Life

A 2010 Hyundai Elantra might be a good fit, because they have great safety features and look pretty stylish, too. They are very reliable cars, and are extremely efficent. My dad and I both own Elantras (his is a 2008, mine a 2004), and they have been great cars. 2011 Elantras are good, too, but the 2010s are cheaper and they also have a 2500 rebate, so that knocks the total price down even more.

Source(s): I am trading my 2004 in for a 2010 Elantra pretty soon, and I was told by the dealer that the 2010s have a 2500 rebate, which makes them even more attractive

I don't recommend Smart Roadster...since you don't care about hp,i find a Honda CR-Z really good.Google it and see for yourself.Or,if you want something more classy,then why not pick something like a BMW 120d coupe or Volvo C30...just saying

i would recommend Volkswagen Golf 1999-2004 they are not that expensive, fiat stilo 2 door, bmw 3 series 1998-2005

fiat punto / ford fiesta / ford focus / vauxhall astra / mini cooper / vw beetle / citroen 2CV / fiat 500 / rover metro / chrysler 300 / range rover / mercedes slk / bmw 740 / audi A8 W12 /

The 2011 Hyundai Elantra might be the one your looking for, 40MPG at highway, stylish looks.