Did you think Bruce Lee was a great martial artist?

I thought he was. Althoguh he's never competed in sport fighting, he's been in real life and death no rules street fights in Hong Kong and the US. He developed Jeet Kune Do which means the way of intercepting fist. It's too bad many people don't respect him at all citing that's it's all... show more I thought he was. Althoguh he's never competed in sport fighting, he's been in real life and death no rules street fights in Hong Kong and the US. He developed Jeet Kune Do which means the way of intercepting fist. It's too bad many people don't respect him at all citing that's it's all nothing but fantasy for a small but physically and mentally fit person be a great martial artist and that only the largest men with the bulkiest muscles should be able to do well in the martial arts for self defense. This will sound very silly, but if Lee were still alive and in his prime and fought someone the size and power of Brock Lesnar (note that I'm not talking about Lesnar himself) combined with wrestling background in a self defense no holds barred life and death street fight, Lee would be able to beat him, but it won't be easy for obvious reasons. He'd have to use his incredible speed, skills, use his dirty fighting techniques and tactics to hit his vital spots, and gouge out his eyes in order to skewer the beast. Lee would have to use his counter attacking and his agility as he cannot afford to get hit, or taken down to the ground where the wrestling assailant is in his element, because if he got caught, he can just ground and pound, and it's pretty much over. Bruce's speed and counterattacking ability would be his best takedwon defense in the streets. If he fought someone like that in the UFC octagon ring, he'd be virtually chanceless since he'd use the cage and lack of big space to shoot for the takedown and he'd be pretty much dead, and Lee's best techniques would be disallowed if something like that happened. I know this sounds real crazy and silly, but in a real fight with no rules depending on the situation, and where the battle is taking place highly talented and fit martial artists could very beat opponents who have the advantage in brute strength and size.
That being said, there could be object available to use as weapons to improve chances of viroty and survival. It's only natural to end a fight as quick as possible, but in certain cases it doesn't always work out that way. But it's definitely easier said than done; it's not like the movies you know. An enemy like Brock would be very tough to defend against and beat since he;s naturally huge and powerful, and he may be fast for someone his size. Once again, I'm not speaking of Lesnar himself, I mean someone like him or similar to him.