Christians/Muslims/Etc... You do know that there is a burden of proof beyond proving the existence of deities?

If it is found that an intelligent first cause exists, it doesn't mean that your religious is automatically correct. An additional case must be made for the validity of any one religion over any other.

I'm pretty sure that if an intelligent first cause were found to exist, than the atheists and agnostics, rather than become Christian, or Muslim or whatever, would become deists. Atheists and agnostics, if I am in error, feel free to correct me.

Really? You're telling me that faith is proof of a specific deity.

Okay, we prove that a personal god exists. Well, now we have generic theism. More proof required please.

• imrod

You are correct. That there is a creator doesn't mean he is the Christian God. The argument of theism has several layers. The first question is whether the universe and life can originate by chance. I know that word chance really ticks off a lot of atheists, sorry but it is true. Your own people use the word (Stephen Hawking uses it all the time).

The second level is whether the God is personal or impersonal.

The third level is who is he or she.

The further you go down in terms of levels the more faith is required. I admit that.

btw Who ever makes a claim has the burden of proof upon them.

In Monadic Luciferianism there is a first cause called the "One" which emanated Logos which resulted in the Universe. The emanation of the Logos is as a result of an imperfection within the "One" between what is complex and what is simple.

Few people know about the ideas of Plotinus, of the "One" and of emanationism, but is an alternative idea to the usual one promoted by organised religion.

For more information see Plotinus as below:

You are correct, even if someone could prove the existence of a God to me, I still would not follow any organised religion because all their beliefs, rituals and holy writings are simply the product of imagination and delusion.

Nope, you're correct, if I knew there was a creator god I'd be a deist, there would be still no proof for the existence of the christian god.

Source(s): Atheist.

You are correct.. All religious folk have a differing view of their god anyhow.

• Adam B

Therefore you would need to take unto consideration the rest of the evidence. Make up of universe, accuracy of Bible and teachings of Bible which explains things.

Faith is far more impressive than someone claiming to have all the answers.

"Atheists and agnostics, if I am in error, feel free to correct me."

No no, you are quite correct. Please continue. *sips tea*

This should be interesting.

Your are still looking for physical proof. There is no physical proof. God is not physical.

umm.....OK