Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Atheists: Why does God’s Word, the Bible, seem to terrify you so much provoking such denial?

Is it because you know your unrepented sins deserve punishment for rejecting God’s love proven on Jesus’ cross?

Why not confess your sins to God, truly sorry for offending His love for you, and ask His forgiveness? He will! Turn from your sins proving your repentance is real, in faith trusting Jesus took the punishment on a cross your sins deserved. He delights in forgiving all who ask, as often as they ask, even empowering you with His Holy Spirit to do what He commands. Otherwise, if you lose eternal life, it will have been by your own choosing. He made the way for your sins to be forgiven.

34 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think you are right; otherwise they would test out God to at least see if he were there. Those who say they were already Christians were never really saved and didn't give God a chance. They might have been raised in a church that was not a true Bible believing church so it seemed unreal and turned them off. Sure, churches that are like social clubs are not true churches. Jesus said "My house shall be a house of prayer." We need something real and this world is full of lying religions. But there is truth in Jesus Christ, and he can be known. To know him is to love him. We love him because he first loved us.

God said in Isaiah 1:18

"Come now and let us reason together," says the Lord.

"Though your sins are as scarlet,

They will be as white as snow;

Though they are red like crimson,

They will be like wool."

If they will be honest with themselves and honest with God and humble themselves under his mighty hand, the God will forgive them when they ask for it. He is faithful and ready to forgive. If that were not so Jesus would not have died on the cross for us.

Micah 7:18-19 (King James Version)

18Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

19He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Jesus is provably a false prophet.

Jesus completely failed the messianic prophecies. Which ones, you ask?

There are 23 actual prophecies about the Jewish Messiah and none of them are in the Torah (the first five books of the Tanakh):

* The Sanhedrin will be re-established (Isaiah 1:26)

* Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance. (Isaiah 2:4)

* The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:17)

* He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via King Solomon (1 Chron. 22:8-10)

* The Moshiach will be a man of this world, an observant Jew with "fear of God" (Isaiah 11:2)

*****In other words - this must all be accomplished in a human lifetime*****

* Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4)

* Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9)

* He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations (Isaiah 11:10)

* All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)

* Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)

* There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)

* All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)

* The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)

* He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7)

* Nations will end up recognizing the wrongs they did to Israel (Isaiah 52:13-53:5)

* The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)

* The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55)

* Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)

* The Temple will be rebuilt (Ezekiel 40) resuming many of the suspended mitzvot

* He will then perfect the entire world to serve God together (Zephaniah 3:9)

* Jews will know the Torah without Study (Jeremiah 31:33)

* He will give you all the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4)

* He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 36:29-30, Isaiah 11:6-9).

(Credit: Mark S and Plushy Bear)

Reasons Jesus wasn’t the Jewish Messiah:

* divine birth/divinity - (the Jewish Messiah will be human – G-d cannot become human – Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 44:6, Hosea 11:9, Ezekiel 28:2, Numbers 23:19) - strike

* performing miracles - (JM won't perform miracles) - strike

* taking on the sins of others - (no one can take on the sins of others – Deuteronomy 24:16, Exodus 32:30-35, Ezekiel 18:1-4; 20-24; 26-27) - strike

* breaking Sabbath - strike (JM will be observant) - strike

* sacrificed/rising from the dead - (G-d rejects human sacrifice and blood sacrifice is NOT an absolute requirement – Deuteronomy 12:30-31, Jeremiah 19:4-6, Psalm 106:37-38, Ezekiel 16:20, Leviticus 5:11-13, Jonah 3:10, Leviticus 17, Leviticus 5:11-13, Numbers 16:47, Numbers 31:50, Isaiah 6:6-7, Jeremiah 7:22-23, Psalm 51:16-17) - strike

* prophecies unfilled - (JM will accomplish them in one life time) - strike

* being worshiped - Jews worship G-d and only G-d – strike and OUT

Geneological errors in Christianity:

1. The Messiah is born of two human parents, as we said. But Jesus, according to Christian theology, was born of a union between a Human woman and God, rather than two HUMAN parents, as was Hercules, and Dionysis, as well as many other pagan gods.

2. The Messiah can trace his lineage through his human biological father, back to King David (Isaiah 11:1,10; Jeremiah 23:5; Ezekiel 34:23-24; 37:21-28; Jeremiah 30:7-10; 33:14-16; and Hosea 3:4-5). But Jesus's lineage cannot go through his human father, according to Christian theology, as Jesus's father was not Joseph the husband of Mary. According to Christian theology, Jesus's father was God.

3. The Messiah traces his lineage only through King Solomon (II Samuel 7:12-17; I Chronicles 22:9-10). But according to Luke 3:31, Jesus was a descendant of Nathan, another son of King David, and not a descendant of King David through King Solomon.

4. The Messiah cannot trace his lineage through Jehoiakim, Jeconiah, or Shealtiel, because this royal line was cursed (I Chronicles 3:15-17; Jeremiah 22:18,30). But according to both Matthew 1:11-12 and Luke 3:27, Jesus was a descendant of Shealtiel.

(Credit: Unknown, through Convert Ruth)

• 9 years ago

Cause God Does Not exist. Deal with it. Read a science book.

Bye.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

you are obviously lost and insecure without your Bible, so you think everyone else is too. You sound ridiculous and this is the reason why Atheists haven't converted haha!!

you ever notice its easier to convert a christian to become an atheist instead of an atheist converting into Christianity? Simple, Atheists have more facts under their belt whereas Christians dont have proof or any facts. Christians call the Bible facts and truth, but really, they have to go back to school to learn the definition of 'proof and facts'. <-- One good reason why religion always fail's

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

It doesn't.

No it isn't.

But you don't appear to be listening in any of your questions, having a fixed point of view entrenched in your own mind already.

Preach away if you must.

Whatever you think you are doing, you are doing quite a good job of anti-evangelism.

• 9 years ago

Oi.... Why not ask a question instead of picking a fight? This clearly isn't an inquiry into differing opinions or insights, it's an attack. But why? What do you get out of this? You're not interested in reasonable answers, you just want to start ****. I'm sure Jesus would be VERY proud of you....

• 9 years ago

The Bible - written, edited, amended and published by men.

Certainly not anymore terrifying than a Harry Potter novel.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't believe in Harry Potter either. Do you also suppose that's because the books terrify me or is it because they are clearly fictional tales and no one in their right mind would mistake them as reality unless they were brainwashed from the cradle on to believe it, just like the Bible?

• 9 years ago

Actually, that book bores me to tears and always has.

All the rest you said is nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

I was a christian for many, many years, served on the church board, sang in the choir and was an organist.

• 9 years ago

I am not atheist because I am terrified by anything, and most certainly not the words recorded in the Bible. I am atheist because every hypothetical deity I have ever heard of, including the one you are imagining, is unbelievably silly. But, thanks for your concern for my hypothetical soul and where you imagine it might spend a hypothetical afterlife. But those are silly ideas, also.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.