Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)UEFA Champions League · 9 years ago

Is Lionel Messi the best player ever?

I think so. People may say pele or maradona or cruyff, but in modern football today, unlike in maradona or pele's time, there is very little space. For a player to be able to dribble like maradona in football today and be a playmaker when needed (watch barca 5-0 real madrid and tell me messi cant be a playmaker) is a player I havent seen yet. But Messi can do these things. He can get back to back ballon d'ors and break records each and every year. He just gets better and better. People say he wouldnt be able to do anything vs.any "good" team, and all I can say to that is Messi 4-0 Arsenal. Messi scores or creates more than 2 chances so far every game he plays this season in la liga. AND he's only 23. If he isnt the best ever so far, then maybe the world needs to open their eyes and stop believing England will ever win the world cup.

Favorite Answer

Its really hard to tell especially since all these players are from different eras. Although, definitely messi is one of the best. Pele is considered the greatest but not a lot of people realize that he never left brazil to prove himself in europe (eventually he left for new york). yea he won three world cups but then again at that time brazil had a dream team. on the other hand maradona went on to play in europe but his goals never reached pele's since the level of competition was higher in europe. he contributed a lot to win the world cup in 86 & to reach the finals in 90 (gay penalty -_-) johan cruyff was also a great player along with pele and maradona. they all came from different eras but they all severely impacted the game with advanced techniques and dribbling slyles. yea i guess i could agree with messi being one of the best ever since he did lead barcelona to win the sextuple which was never accomphished before. reguardless to what anyone says, messi one best if not the best player that ever lived and no modern day player comes near to his status.

Source(s): only thing missing is a world cup:/

Yes. Messi has won every individual and team honors at club level and as a Real Madrid I'm annoyed by cos he's too good. Tormenting Real Madrid many times in the Clasicos. His brilliance has translated into the rest of Barca as they won trophies left and right. It's like how Michael Jordan dominated the NBA in the 90's. The only thing that will make Messi the GOAT is to win the World Cup and be his country's best player in the tournament.

Ist and foremost I think that respectfully either Iniesta and Xavi whom are World Cup Champions should have claimed it.Argentina frontman(Messi) did had a good year for club but not for country for Argentina he did scored an injury time against Brasil in a friendly I think he did deserved the award but Ineista will get his soon so will Xavi.I think Messi is way greater than Maradona club wise but not nation wise for Argentina if he would have played for the Spanish National team(their formations is based on Barcelona's formation system) he would dominate but he's useless when he plays for Argentina he's sloppy but 2010 was his year though like it or lump it!

No i dont think messi is the best player ever!!!

if u see the statistics all the great players in the world played good in the club as well as in their national team...but in the case of messi,he just plays well in Barcelona and give poor performance in the national team...but if u see Ronaldo ( Brazil) he plays awesome in his clubs ( Barcelona, Real Madrid,Inter Milan,PSV,Cruzeiro,AC milan, Corinthians) as well as in national team...

So in my view Ronaldo is the best player ever

pls see his statistics in the link below

Ever is a pretty strong word, but he is definitely one of the best. He is a natural. Enjoy watching him play even though i am not a Barca fan.

Not yet, but he'll surely be the best ever by the time he retires.

He has all the characteristics to become best player of all-times.

CR7 ? don't make me laugh.

Lionel Messi is the great player. i think he is the best player ever.

• iam_is

Let me go back in time real quick and watch how the greats played and I will come back and compare them to Messi... Give me a week or two to answer your question... Damn my stupid time machine didn't pass the smog test NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummmm **shrugs**...

• No its hard to tell