Is Lionel Messi the best player ever?

I think so. People may say pele or maradona or cruyff, but in modern football today, unlike in maradona or pele's time, there is very little space. For a player to be able to dribble like maradona in football today and be a playmaker when needed (watch barca 5-0 real madrid and tell me messi cant be a... show more I think so. People may say pele or maradona or cruyff, but in modern football today, unlike in maradona or pele's time, there is very little space. For a player to be able to dribble like maradona in football today and be a playmaker when needed (watch barca 5-0 real madrid and tell me messi cant be a playmaker) is a player I havent seen yet. But Messi can do these things. He can get back to back ballon d'ors and break records each and every year. He just gets better and better. People say he wouldnt be able to do anything vs.any "good" team, and all I can say to that is Messi 4-0 Arsenal. Messi scores or creates more than 2 chances so far every game he plays this season in la liga. AND he's only 23. If he isnt the best ever so far, then maybe the world needs to open their eyes and stop believing England will ever win the world cup.
6 answers 6