Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)UEFA Champions League · 9 years ago

Is Lionel Messi the best player ever?

I think so. People may say pele or maradona or cruyff, but in modern football today, unlike in maradona or pele's time, there is very little space. For a player to be able to dribble like maradona in football today and be a playmaker when needed (watch barca 5-0 real madrid and tell me messi cant be a playmaker) is a player I havent seen yet. But Messi can do these things. He can get back to back ballon d'ors and break records each and every year. He just gets better and better. People say he wouldnt be able to do anything vs.any "good" team, and all I can say to that is Messi 4-0 Arsenal. Messi scores or creates more than 2 chances so far every game he plays this season in la liga. AND he's only 23. If he isnt the best ever so far, then maybe the world needs to open their eyes and stop believing England will ever win the world cup.

Favorite Answer

According to FIFA and UEFA, he is

Well Messi is good, very good. It its always difficult to compare players that not played at the same time. Messi has been great on a great Barcelona team for years now. Maradona took an average Argentina team to 2 World cup finals almost on his own (Won 1986, lost 1990). We still need to see Messi make a difference at a world cup and get Argentina to a final before we can call him the best ever. All the big players in history has played in a world cup final: Pele, Maradona, Cruff. Beckenbauer, Ronaldo(Brazil), Zidane.

Well thats my opinion, but Messi is still young :-)

of course he is.

he deserves more than a golden ball these days .

in today's football , not many players can do what messi does .

viva Messi .

Source(s): Barca fan

i would like him to come and play for Spurs please,

he is one of the best players to me, with Modric, and Bale.

absolutely he was..no one can beat him.he also still young but really great.

No, and he's not even close either.