Ideal area to stay in Australia?

Where/what is the recommended place/area to stay when visiting Australia?

To those who have traveled there before, was your experience enjoyable?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

The Gold coast, it's sunny and the ocean is fabulous and the theme parks are so cool, (I like movie world the best!)

Source(s): My parents took me there last year!
  • 1 decade ago

You simply must visit The Great Ocean Road in Victoria. In fact, for this time of year, Victoria would probably offer the best diversity in attractions, from Beautiful beaches to temperate rain forests, and deserts to alpine regions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

On any trip to australia, you must visit the biggest city, Sydney. It truly is a magnificent city with many things to do. After that, visit Canberra, the capital city of australia. From canberra, visit melbourne, the culture city. I believe that is enough for a trip in oz.

• 1 decade ago

Depends what you want to do.

Make sure you choose the right time of the year weatherwise or it can be miserable and even dangerous. Rule, go south in summer and north in winter.

You need to be more specific re what type of holidays you like.

Camping - then go to the hills/mountains/outback/snowy mts in summer

Beaches - Newcastle

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Orange NSW

It's probably one of the closest places you'd get to the australian tv shows you'd see in america :)

There's alot to do and see as well :D

We went there for a holiday 2 years ago and not the town itself, but the surrounding areas were MAGNIFICENT.

http://www.visitnsw.com/town/Orange.aspx?utm_sourc...

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

well it totally depends on your preference. Do you like the outback or camping alot?? then i would recommend alice springs or do you like the more modern surburan areas?? i would suggest sydney or melbourne, more political or historical, canberra... i could go on finding something for every state.....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.