Nyx asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 years ago

What is the best age to tells your children the truth about Santa, tooth fairy,etc to?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

when they ask

• Faith
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Wait until they ask then tell them the truth. Or they may even surprise you & tell you.

My son flat out told me "I know daddy is the Tooth Fairy." I tried hard not to laugh and asked him how he knew. He said "The money smells like daddy." lol So there was no way out of that one. After that he'd just hand his teeth over. ; )

This is our first year since all 3 kids knew. I thought it would be hard but it isn't. My 9yr old even requested going to see Santa at the mall as usual.

My husband told our 3 kids what his mom told him "Once you stop believing in Santa then he won't come anymore." So my husband said he believed until he moved out at 19. lol

I wrote an article about this subject too -

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1330560/t...

Source(s): homeschooling mom of 3
  • 9 years ago

Unfortunately, children usually find out from class mates at school, older siblings or cousins. Keep up the magic until they do. Also take older children that you have contact with "relatives, neighbors, etc." about not blowing the magic for your child, hopefully that will work for a while.

Source(s): Life experience
  • 9 years ago

They eventually ask questions and figure things out on their own. I still believe in Santa just know that he isn't who supplies the gifts anymore lol I believe in the story of Santa and the magic of Christmas. My boys still believe but my 8 year old nephew just figured out this year and his mom told him to keep quiet and not ruin it for my 4 year old nephew.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You'll know when they know. I tell them that when they stop believing, thats when the parents have to take over..so keep believing! Keep denying any knowledge for two further years, until they're literally taking the micky out of you for what you're saying and coming up with hard evidence! Then that's the right age to tell them!

• KC
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

they usually figure it out on their own. i stopped believing at age 6. A boy in my class told me santa was crucified. so i guess i didn't stop believing, i was just under the assumption that he had died.

• 9 years ago

Actually, they usually find out on their own. Keep it going until they are about 11 or 10 yrs, and they should figure it out by then.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

When they figure it out on their own and start asking questions.... If your kid starts questioning if Santa is real or not, they already know he isn't.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I was never told I just caught on. My daughter is only 3 but I won't tell her he is fake, i'll just wait for her to find out.

• Mags
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Never, they'll find out. Let the believe, you only get to be a kid once.

• pdooma
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Truth? What is truth?

"Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth." ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.