Used car buying advice: Audi TT Roadster 100k miles?

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/2108605448.htm...

Just curious, do you think that the Audi TT roadster will last to more than 200+ without any problems?

Anyone else have one?

Thanks.

Hank is a little cranky it seems like. I have had a TT that has 95k miles with VERY little problems and superb build quality. It seems like it has been more reliable than my wides NEW Audi Q5..

I have had many 100k+ cars in the last 20 years. I have yet to have a problem, but I do my homework. The key to the whole thing is how well the previous owner(s) kept up their maintenance. I have seen lower mileage cars that were junk because the oil was never changes, coolant never flushed, clogged filters ect. If a car is serviced on schedule, synthetic oil used and the right stuff done right, 100k is just getting broken in, especially on European cars. I have bought 5 SAABs with over 100k, put another 100 on them and spent very little to keep them running great. Get all the service records if you can, and spend an hour labor with a qualified mechanic to have a pre-purchase inspection done. It is a great way to get a great car for a fraction of what they cast new...

Yes it does cross 100k miles, but you should have maintained it like your sweetheart, with regular air filter replacements, and following the maintenance schedule advised by Audi... Otherwise it won't last any longer than 80k or so....

The below-mentioned link describes the same thing about Audi A4, but the same pretty much applies to the Audi TTS roadster as well - hope it helps :)

Once any Audi hits 100,000 miles you have to do at least $4,000-$5,000 in repairs. After 100,000 things slowly start to break down and need to be replaced or fixed. This gets expensive very quickly. Make sure that the car has documented maintenance and get it looked over by a mechanic before you buy it. Overall though, Audis are excellent and reliable cars to own and I have loved every single one of mine.

Source(s): I've owned three Audis.

depends on the engine and who has maintained it , american mechanics wreck german cars with their lack of knowledge and club hammer and pipe wrench approach to maintenance , it should have had synthetic oil from new all the time , if it is a turbo unless it has had a new turbo do not touch it or negotiate $1500 off the price, if it didn't get a new cam belt, idlers , tensioner and water pump between 60k and 80k don't even look at it, if maintained like any other high performance car they can do 200k , if you use cheap or wrong grade oil they will not , if maintenance costs are a worry get an american built V8 which runs at low revs and can use any oil at a low oil pressure, if there is any grinding from the suspension it means it needs new arms again negotiate a discount or get the owner to replace them first

It all depends on the maintenance. It has Golf Mk4 underpinnings, which makes it quite easy to live with on daily basis. On the other hand, it has a small, but powerful turbo engine, that requires meticulous maintenance. It is a decent engine, it can pull off serious mileage, but not if driven hard and maintained on the budget.

• gum

Pensacola.craigslist.org Pets

You just ask the audi/vw guys on their forums. I'm sick of knocking them. They're ******* junk. That's my opinion and it's the truth. People dont' care, run off to buy one, then whine when it falls apart.