kim h

What games are educational for a 9 year old girl?

I have taken some kids off the Salvation Army tree for Christmas. The girl wants educational games. I am not sure what those are. i have looked at all the games and am not sure what to get. Any ideas?

It gives a list of what they want. It lists their clothes size and it lists art items, educational games and hair items.

Any games that have the kids adding/subtracting/reading can be considered educational. They don't have to be computer games.

Try "Rat a Tat Cat", Scrabble Junior, Bananagrams or Scrabble Scram for educational games, Rush Hour or similar puzzles from Thinkfun and games like SET also promote higher thinking.

Last year I found a game that looked like a lap top for like $20 at JCPenny. It had multiplication games, Spanish vocabulary, quizes for US history, etc. You can always go to a teacher's supply store either online or land and check out what they have. As a teacher, I'd also recommend money based and/or fraction based games, too. Workbooks from the dollar store or a big box store that focus on reading comprehension or math are great, too.

I would suggest Leapster or some sort of trivia game. There is a Trivial Pursuit game for kids I think. Good luck! :)

New tremendous mario bros is exellent also mind age a million and a couple of mariokart ds zelda phantom hourglass comes out october,a million,2007 seems relaxing,tremendous princess peaqch,and animal crossing ds.

leap frog is good but kind of expensive go to the crayon section in like kmart,target or walmart and there are some fun educational things they she would love and it wont break the bank

I would suggest Leap Frog, it teacher kids how to read, count numbers, and maybe shapes (I'm not quite sure) while having fun playing the game.

I was home schooled at that age and my mom made me some cute craft games. Be creative. What else does she take interest in? Soccer, animals, art? Be creative and make one. :)

Source(s): Awesome sources from paper crafts:)

the girl 'wants' educational games? lol