I want to leave the country?(USA)?

I don't feel right living here, I don't agree that capitalism is good, and the whole "american way of life" (Ex: Using, consuming, wasting, ******* other people over for profit, the medias BS, Materialism, Commercialism ANY ism) just seems plain wrong to me. I don't want to have to be a part of it any more. I used to always complain about it and explain to people that change is needed, until someone just told me if you don't like the country then leave. Smartest thing I ever heard. Where should I go? How can I get there, I'm 20, poor, and don't have a job at the moment.. What can I do to leave or maybe find a community or something that doesn't live how western society tells them to? This is very important to me. Those who love this nation, please do not criticize me, to each his own.. Thanks..

leaving the US is easy. finding another country to take you is hard. But even China and Russia are into the ways of capitalism these days, minus much of the benefits of the rule of law, of course. but without narrowing down your search pattern a bit, there isn't that much people can say to point you in the right direction. take a look at travel.state.gov and go into the Country Specific information section, which you can access from the home page. spend some time there looking up countries you think you might feel better in. go give them a visit, before signing up for permanent residence. after all, how do you really know what you want before you take a look?

I don't know a specific community, but I do know that there are communities inside the US which don't follow capitalism. To be honest, if you can't be bothered to do your own research into this matter you are probably not too interested. I would recommend to start with a search engine and look for autark communities which emphasis being self-sufficient and community oriented. I've read about those once in a while in the news. In a small way I do know that there are local coops which may deal just with teaching kids how to fix you their bikes, but that's where you probably can find like-minded people. I could tell you the name of one where I live, but having moved a couple of times I also know that places like this are in quite a number of towns/cities. If you haven't yet found them you are not trying.

For an entirely different option you could also take a class how to teach English abroad and go to a country like Bhutan or some other small country where you might be welcome just for your English speaking skills. How good are you with learning other languages? For you are only going to be part of a community if you learn their language - which is more than just the vocabulary.

I´m sorry to tell you but i guess you are pretty much stuck in the US even if you may don´t like it.

You can forget all the EU countries for example (because it would be impossible to immigrate here for you) and the fact that you say that you are poor will shut you most of the doors to even immigrating to second or 3rd world countries( btw. just for the record I´m not saying that outside of the US and EU all countries are second or 3rd world!!!!! ;-)

edit: to "james stark" you really think that every one in germany is happy and has a good life? You know the grass looks allways greener on the other side but this does not necessarily mean that this is true.

join the Peace Corps, that'll wake you up, you'll get paid at the wages in the country, med care and maybe some life experiences. When I returned from S. Arabia,1991 (CRAF), United Airlines pilot said, "you are now on American soil". What a relief and even better when we landed at Pete field.

When ever you hear the words, "welcome back to the United States", or "welcome home", you'll be so relieved it'll make you cry and maybe you'll have more respect for your flag and country.

i advised against going to Europe. it's a socialist system that is causing them to go bankrupt. people are rioting because they are not getting their entitlements. It's the opposite of a capitalist system. Just to let you know , there is evil and corruption everywhere, especially in Eastern countries. Try Japan.

You sound like the victim of a California education.

Evil media, materialism, commercialism...yet you never left the country.

Trust me, I have no desire to keep you here. You should go to Cuba. They agree with everything you just said there. Make sure you do it before reality sets in.

If you can get to Germany you might have a Chance to have a good life. Seems everyone there is doing pretty good and happy.

Mexico is nice this time of year.

• 3

Sounds like you are a loser. Not a criticism, an opinion.

What ever you do don't fight for what you think is right just give up and leave ok, bye.....