Help my computer won't work!?

I got a virus from one of my friends email they sent me and i could not get rid of it so i tried system restore that didnt work avast, so i used my operating system cd and now i cant do anything on my laptop i cant send it in bc it is no longer under warranty. everytime i start it up i have to hit enter for microsoft window vista and i put all the stuff i got with my laptop on it but i cant get internet bc it say hardware not thier also i cant get it back to how it was on factory setting either. i dont know what to do or were to take it to. by the way i am on a library computer just to let you all know.

When you say "system restore" are you referring to the windows feather that allows you to go back in time and reset the computer to a date prior to the "virus" or email that caused the problem. Using the feature that takes you back in time to the initial problem is "big league" in that you will lose things down loaded after the event. Go to your control panel and check out this option...if you think you are right.

I had to download a bunch of microsoft security updates after using this feature and it was a pain.

Source(s): many years pc user and now switched to iMac

Dear use Instance Virus Killer. Hope you will take your solution.

Try safe mode ,

please mention the brand and model of your laptop, it would be nice to know that!