Tim asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

Found my brother watching porn?

I just caught my brother watching porn (I know for some people its ok to watch, although I find it immoral to watch such things, I know for a fact from experience that watching porn destroys ones social and health life), it was just me and him in the house ( he is 14), I was studying in my room and opened my door to go grab a drink when I saw his screen with graphic pornography. I immediately confiscated his laptop, he was first in shock and was stuttering, then tried to lie about it and even managed to delete the history fast enough. I am not sure what do to at this point, I know my mom has caught him before watching pornography and every time he swore he wouldn't watch it again. Ill be keeping the laptop for good and wont be letting him use it only under my supervision and for school purposes only. Should I let my parent know about this? Also should I confiscate his itouch as well since he can surf the web on it. I don't want him to turn out to be a porno addict and I want to make sure he doesn't strive in that path. (I recall my mom used various software to block porn sites but he somehow manages to get past them so it seems)

It is my problem, my excuse of a father abandoned me and my family and fled the country for good. I now have the responsibility to aid my mom in helping her keep my siblings (2) on the right path rather turning into pathetic loose kids.

Favorite Answer

Dear Asker,

First I must say to the other answerers : Sean, Lexi, Buck, and Jas are all filthy perverts. They are misguided individuals who can't stand the innocent.

What you are doing is uncommon common sense, stepping in as you should ( I do it for my two younger siblings. And I have no guilt in being a firm parent whatsoever. Long story.) ( better he grows up hating you now, then you feeling guilt for not doing as you should.)

The danger here lies only in your manner of taking away his laptop, not in your principles. ( Be firm, not nagging, or angry)

And don't listen to those guys, you are on the right track. I take away all stimilation. You do not have to lecture him, or explain anything to him. He is 14 years old you can say " Dear Jim, Im taking away your computer and whatever he has. Until you are more responsible with it period. "

Porn is very very dangerous.

2

Source(s): Live Sex Chat Website : http://CamGz.com/?FMTq

1. I think there is a conflict with property ownership and rights apparent in your dilemma. It is his laptop and he can look at whatever the hell he wants. The only one allowed to impose restrictions is his mother, your just his brother.

2. Somehow you have made this into your problem. You are not in complete control of your brother's psychological development. Your idea about porn is an opinion. Taking these actions does not ensure that he will not want to look at it again. just that he won't do it in your presence.

Unclench and let him watch. Banning it makes it more of a taboo and will make him want to watch it more. I watch porn with my husband and it is a part of our healthy sex life. If it isn't twisted fetish stuff or child porn I am sure he will turn out normal like everyone else.

Let him do what he wants. He's a kid. If he enjoys it, let him watch it. It's perfectly normal for guys to watch porn.

Dude, masturbation is perfectly healthy. You're repressing you're little brother by WAY over reacting.

Leave him be i would rather him masturbating then going out and having sex.