Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Atheists, if this not proof in the existence of a deity?

"It was all very well going on about pure logic and how the universe was ruled by logic and the harmony of numbers, but the plain fact of the matter was that the Disc was manifestly traversing space on the back of a giant turtle and the gods had a habit of going round to atheists' houses and smashing their windows."

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best answer

Ah but there's naritivium and dietium on the disc,the globe on the other hand is completely lacking in these elements. This results in no gods and fiction being stranger than truth.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

WTH? Turtles are not 80s! Turtles are always current. What other animal carries its house on its back? As a matter of fact, I moved a turtle off the road not long ago!

• oppie
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

that ought to count number, fullyyt on what type of deity grew to become into proved to exist. actual now, i won't be able to somewhat think of a real deity that ought to have the slightest interest in my worship. -- Regards, John Popelish

• 9 years ago

On Discworld it is.

But then at the rim you could look over the edge and see the turtle.

The fate of "Charcoal" Abraxas, the atheist, was a bit of a clue, too.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

It's proof of awesome writing on the part of Mr. Pratchett, and every bit as plausible to me as Genesis.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

For thousands of years ll we've ever gotten has been excuses but never a God. Atheist's claim that they know why God never intervened during the decades while clergy were molesting children, but I'd like to your your reasoning as to why, please.

• 9 years ago

who are you quoting? or did you make up the nonsensical story yourself? regardless, it proves nothing.

you can neither prove nor disprove god's existence until such time as "god" chooses to reveal him/herself, which may be never or could be next week. meanwhile, work on the allegories. turtles are so 80's.

• 9 years ago

What?

I thought it was on the back of elephants, and they stood on the turtle.

• 9 years ago

LOL... quoting Terry Pratchitt, from Discworld?

He's an atheist himself, you know.

• 9 years ago

I am now in love with windows shop's owner's daughter.. hehe

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.