Culturally speaking, why is everyone so obsessed with race?

I honestly don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with being black or being white. It's only a color. We're all the same. The only reason black people are darker is because they are from Africa. Africa is a hot continent that is exposed to a lot of sun. This causes darker pigmentation. This trait was then passed down through generations.

Why do you people honestly care about what race you are? This is the 21st century. Open your eyes. We have a black president. There are interracial couples. There are some people mixed with multiple races. What is the point of there still being a "KKK" in some small parts of Texas? (I live in Houston, Texas, which is actually mostly Hispanic). I mean, some white people, not all, are so ignorant. What reason do you have to hate black people? YOUR ancestors enslaved them. The most they ever did was do white people's work and eventually earn their freedom. Stop being so bitter.

So tell me, why are you people on here so obsessed with race? (Only speaking to those who constantly put down the other race) Why does it matter if you're white or black? And why do you get in behind your keyboard where no one can see you to say something about it? Why are you so ignorant? GET OVER IT.

Favorite Answer

I agree with you so much! We are all the same, well the same as in humans. Not as in we all have the same personalities lol. We are also God's children which is another thing we share. There's just lots of racist people these days, ignore them, they're attention seekers and deserve absolutely no respect for their selfish attitude. Yes your right, there's nothing wrong with dating a different race either. My boyfriend is a different race than me and so is his appearance (except the eye color). Anyways no one should disrespect a race and yes I also feel bad for the people who were enslaved in the past. They did not deserve it. The racist jerks on this site need to get over it. They hate other races, which is just like hating God, for he is the one who helped create us all. You remind me of myself a bit, because I'm not racist either, not at all and I've also learned to respect all races, because like I said, we all are humans. Keep it up! We need more people in this world like you! ;)

Source(s): Racism is very wrong, we must be treated as equals. No exceptions. Sadly though, racism will stay around forever but at least be happy and proud of yourself for not being racist like they are :)

To answer your question, "everyone" is not so obsessed with race. However, many people find themselves combating the racism that they often experience from individuals of other races, which does not automatically denote an obsession. While I am aware that time-machines are non-existent, this question should be directed to Whites in the past that created racial classification systems for human beings during the Age of Discovery before concluding that the White race was superior to others established upon of the culture held by the individuals of non-Whites in comparison to their own, and eventually concluding that the other races were biologically abapical to the White race through extensive, but non-representative studies conducted by the most famous 19th century scientists. Nowadays, the question can directed to many contemporary Whites, since they too believe in the same racial dogma, and thus, commit a majority of the race baiting, whether online or offline as evident in this category literally 24/7, judging people by their negative generalisations associated with their race (that are often applied by many White people themselves) rather than their individual personality, and committing a vast majority of the hate crimes, comprising up to over 60% of offences. Thus, because the non-Whites are often victimised by the White racism, non-Whites have more to be "proud" of when they succeed or combat the racism, since the racism employed by many Whites argue that non-Whites (excluding some Asian groups) are biologically abapical. As for Whites, many of them are obsessed with the ideologies associated with their race, such as "White supremacy" that asserts that Whites are the dominant race in all facets, including genetics, because adhering to such a belief provides them with a sense of power and self-confidence for merely being White.

• 2103

Stereotypes. They are always going to be around society whether we want it or not. Even subconsciously, we can't help it :\ we can't control what we think. And there is always going to be someone who says it out loud and before you know it other people get persuaded to do so as well. And this keep going on and on and on... really makes me hate people.

Just look at the teenagers being bullied in schools for having different sexual preferences. You'd think that at this point people accepted homosexuals, and then you hear about the suicides. See what I mean? I can only hope for society to be more tolerant of any other race, sexuality and religion so we can finally live at peace.

I TOTALLY agree with you! We ARE all, essentially, the same. We're all made in God's image. The varying degrees of complexion, hair texture, features, and other trivial aspects mean nothing in the face of having good moral character and integrity.

Race and racism is used as a crutch for people who want to feel superior to others but have no real reason to feel this way. So, they grab on to superfluous racial/ethnic/cultural differences to form divisions and bolster egos. It's all meaningless, really. We all have the same blood in our veins. :)

Source(s): Black & Italian and Christian

Dude just stay away from the racist people, they are the minority. Most people arent racist anymore that mess is played out. And there are racist on both sides trust me. I'm mixed so I have white cousins. My favorite cousin is white. We live close to eachother in OC, but on christmas when I brought him to my grandmas house with me in inglewood some of my black cousins were acting racist to him.

as paul mooney says, racism is here to stay. it was here when were born and it will still be here when we die. its unfortunate but thats how people are. as long as there racism people will obsess over race.

Maybe because people like you won't let the past go away. you keep bringing racism up. GET OVER IT

• you are wasting your time of your preaching. Live your life.

Nobody cares. You can't tell someone what to do especially in Y!A. You can't deal about it.

That one little post isn't going to change anything.

it's a mental illness

That be a new trend.