Why do so many people put "for 10 points"?

All questions are worth 10 points!!

• fizixx

I agree.....well, people are idiots. They apparently think that no one else knows that fact except for them, and it will entice those people to answer their stupid questions ------ duh...what's 1 + 1?

Or, they are so pathetically lazy they think they will entice some sucker to do their homework for them.

I think my favorite is when they put that blurb about 'awarding 10 points', but their question is URGENT....or needs an answer ASAP! lol I always laugh when I see that stuff.

I think it is something they pick up from watching gameshows. Do this task for 10 pts.

Also for some, I think it is like a promise that they will take the time to acctually select a best answer. Basically, our society is now a generation of whores, who are excited and prodded at the promise of reward. That is how our society has degenerated.

With that said, do I get my 10 pts now?

When you choose best answer it gives the person that answered the question 10 points

Because they think it will motivate people to answer their question.

Through experience, the vast majority of people who include "10 points" in the question title will let the question go into voting. It's just a selfish ploy.

• joker

To attract the attention of top contributors who are obsessed with points.

It implies that they will pick the best answer instead of letting it go to voting.

Bcz they want an answer ASAP

yes ^ they're telling you that they're gonan give ten points ASAP

Because they're morons.

• idk. but why am i answering? because iwant points =]]