Dad asked in HealthWomen's Health · 10 years ago

What happens if I don't use monistat for 7 full days?

I've used it for 5 days, what happens if I stop? Will it come back easier or something? Also how long should I wait to have sex?

Thank you guys. So use it all 7 days, that is what I thought but I wasn't sure if it changed it I stopped using it early. Wait a few days to have sex, allright. Thank you this has really helped me.

Favorite Answer

I’m working with the Monistat® Brand to address common misconceptions about curing yeast infections. In response to the question above, I want to share this video featuring Dr. Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz, an OB/GYN, which we hope you’ll find helpful: http://youtu.be/968Lo2ubEdY

Youtube thumbnail

.

The information above has been provided for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or medical professional.

Source(s): www.monistat.com
    • L S5 years agoReport

link is dead

I would not use twice a day. Monistat 3 is stronger and Monistat 1, it would have been better to have had your Dr. write an RX for Diflucan tablet, but it does take several days to start working. If you are on any antibiotics, they kill both the good and bad bacteria in your system, usually causing a yeast infection. You can eat yogurt just make sure it says "Live active cultures". Get better soon!

There's more of a chance it hasn't fully gone away just yet. 2 Days can make a big difference on whether it comes back or not.

And you should wait at least a week. The minimum being 3-4 days.

If you stop, the infection may not have been cured completely. Even though you are not having symptoms, that does not mean that the infection is cured.

You should wait until a day after the end of your treatment to have sex.

Good luck.

If you stop it and dont finish it, the infection can become worse. Best to finish it AND see your doctor and ask for a prescription pill called Diflucan.