Have you ever had a dream that seemed real?

What made it real?

I once had a dream where I was being chased by someone with an axe and he hit me in the thigh. When I woke up I felt the area where I was hit in the dream and it sort of hurt for a second.

BQ: Is it possible to die in your dream?

Update:

I mean, can the "you" in your dream die? But when you wake up you're fine.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago

The dreams in which i died were one of the most wonderful dreams id ever had. Night mares are a signal your subconscious gives your brain to alert you to wake up because you are breathing incorrectly. The pain is just another signal your serotonin has influenced on your body.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Once i had a dream that my arm got chopped off and i woke up and my arm wouldn't move! I started freaking out cause it felt, well i couldn't feel it. I think you could suffocate while you sleep but i dot think you could die from having a dream, its phycological pain i think, at least i hope!

• 9 years ago

Yeah, the second I woke up, I felt like THAT was the dream, and that the dream was the reality.

I got over it once I ate breakfast :D

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yeah, in my dream once I burned the bottom of my foot

Then when I woke up it hurt, & for a second it looked black...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

i have vivid dreams every night. it is connected to my anxiety and PTSD disorders.

ive never died in my dreams. i usually wake up before i might die or get seriously hurt.

but ive had really vivid real dreams about meeting celebrities, sky diving, etc. it's awesome!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes, I once had a dream that ghosts were pulling on my sheets while I was sleeping, and I was half awake, and half sleeping. I really thought that somone was pulling on my sheets.

BQ: No, it is not, but then again, anything is possible.

• Rin
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

i don't think a dream can kill you, but people die in their sleep.

all of the dreams i've had have seemed real.

• julia
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

It's happened to me before too, I don't know what it could even possibly be. I honestly wouldn't worry about anything.

But what do you mean by your BQ?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes

It was a wet dream

BQ: No...you always wake up before you die

and

Reds Rule!!!!

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Last night I dreamt I killed someone using a toaster.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.