Why Many Singapore Women Of Marriageable Age Don't Know How To Cook?

I observe from my interaction with women in my workplace, interaction with women of many of my client offices and also with experiences of my social life, that women of today generally don't know how to cook and know very little about the whole process of marketing, cooking and cleaning. And I also observe... show more I observe from my interaction with women in my workplace, interaction with women of many of my client offices and also with experiences of my social life, that women of today generally don't know how to cook and know very little about the whole process of marketing, cooking and cleaning.

And I also observe that many women of today have not done and don't know how to do proper household chores, like cleaning the house, ironing clothes etc before marriage.

If Singapore women don't know how to cook, how are they ever going to cook for their future husband and family?

Singapore men go through national service and as a result, I am quite sure many are capable and wiling to take care of household chores after marriage.

But what about Singapore women? I frankly do not know why they don't pick up cooking skills after their studies. Maybe their busy with work; but I think many are pampered and do not realise the importance of cooking and knowing how to cook properly for their families.

Just as there is national service for men, I suggest that Singapore women should have the opportunity to sign up for voluntary cooking and home economics classes promoted and subsidised by the Singapore Government for the betterment of future marriage life.