Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 10 years ago

Should I confront my friend who clogged my toilet?

My friend clogged my toilet and didn't bother fixing it or telling me. I know it was her since I didn't use the bathroom with the clogged toilet bowl. Also the night before, I heard her flushing downstairs, so I know she's been using it. She only slept over because she had to catch a train the next day. After I drove her to the train station, I went downstairs and it smelled. I lifted the toilet seat only to discover that the toilet was clogged.... I unclogged it and since it was left like that for longer than a night, the bowl was stained and I had to scrub it.... She's coming back from her trip in two days.......Should I confront her or let it go?

Well, I guess I'll let it go. It's just that if I were in her situation, I would be too embarrassed to have someone else unclog it, especially if there was a plunger next to me, lol and jeez some people need to relax ;)

Yeah you should. I mean, if she dumped a load and clogged your john, she shoulda been woman enough to plunge it. Was there a plunger near the john? If there was then yeah say something. If not, then you need to buy one they are cheap at dollar stores or the Marts. Maybe she didn't know also, or if it was late she didn't wanna wake you then forgot. If she is a good friend let it slide but just say something like, hey my john is acting up if you go make sure it goes down and if not then please plunge it so it does go down. That way you take the high road.

• Robert

The only thing you can do is to ask if she had a problem with the toilet. If she says she didn't have any problems, leave it alone unless you want to make a big deal out of it.

She was probably stressed about waking up in time to get her train so it's possible she genuinely forgot to mention it. She's probably agonizing over it and feeling immense guilt and embarrassment right now because she has remembered she forgot to mention it and knows you have found it

Oh my gosh, let it go.

maybe she is embarrassed? flushed it and didn't realized it clogged?

if this is something that actually gets to you than you seriously need to relax..