? asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

im really scared my plane will crash when i fly to switzerland?

im flying to switzerland and ive only ever flown once and that was a 2 hour flight im really scared the plane will crash in the middle of the ocean.

Hey there,

Don't be afraid — there are thousands of flights in the air every day. How often do you hear about crashes? Not that often, because statsically flying is one of the safest forms of travel.

I presume that you are flying quite a long distance (transatlantic, perhaps) and let me re-assure you that I have flown across the Atlantic for more times then I care to remember. Never has anything gone wrong when I have flown 'across the pond' and the same can be said of your flight.

Whichever airline you are flying with, you will know that they must have an excellent reliability and safety record, otherwise they would have been banned from European airspace.

Have a great flight :)

JPJ

Source(s): Experienced Traveller

I don't know if it will help, but....

There are more than 50,000 planes that take off <<every day>> from some place in the world. Every single day. How often do you really hear about a commercial airliner crashing? Rarely.

The chances of any individual plane having an accident that involves some fatalities it extremely small.

because of the mountains planes tend to "dive bomb" the airports in switzerland so I have never enjoyed flying there but the swiss pilots and the airlines that fly to switzerland generally know what they are doing just don't watch Air Crash Investigation

trust me it wont

ive flown to tokyo and i fly over seas 3 times a year for vaca

and all together i fly about 10 times a year

dont worry bout it just sit away from the window seats take your ipod or something you can just play with for a really long time

1

i use to think like this, but its really rare and you have a hell of a lot more chance of having a car crash than a plane crash.. think about it, but not too much that you fear cars. lol

I'm so sure that the plane will not crash, that I would bet on it.

Would you bet that the plane will crash?

Source(s): Statistically, the chance of a plane crash is less then a car crash.
  • <3

the chances of your plane crashing are VERY slim.

you are more likely to die in a car accident than a plane

crash.i've rode in planes plenty of times and they are fine,

you have nothing to worry about.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201007...

Think of this- You are more likely to die on the way to the airport then you are while actually flying!

just try to go to sleep when you get on the plane