Discuss the possibilities of each of these teams taking their first world cup in the near to distant future?

Lets start with UEFA: Netherlands: has been in 3 finals, but has never been able to man up in the final match. I figure they have to win one sooner or later, but who knows. Portugal: Have usually shown they are a team to be taken seriously even though they are lacking in the medal department. Have one of the... show more Lets start with UEFA:

Netherlands: has been in 3 finals, but has never been able to man up in the final match. I figure they have to win one sooner or later, but who knows.

Portugal: Have usually shown they are a team to be taken seriously even though they are lacking in the medal department. Have one of the best players in the world with C Ronaldo and made Spain work on their win this year.

Sweden: A contender that did not make it to the World Cup this year, but has shown itself to be a promising team.

Russia: Who can neglect the giant of Eastern Europe. Their football team has become much more competative and were even able to knock out the Netherlands in Euro 2008. But they could not make it to the World Cup this year.

now CONCACAF:

Mexico: Always there always persistent but they always seem to lose in the world cup. They have a large arsenal of honors including many Gold Cups, and even a Confederations Cup. Are the team that has lost the most matches in World Cup history, but if you think about it this speaks more about their persistence as they are always in the world cup to lose these matches.

United States: Defenitely an up and coming footie nations. Many people mock it and disregard it, but I think they are a current middle power in terms of footie. Players are starting to infiltrate European teams where they can gain some sounds experience.

now lets do CONMEBOL:

Paraguay: I powerful display this World Cup with what is increasingly becoming a world class team. They qualified in 2nd place to the World Cup behind only Brazil in South America. And in the quarterfinals they truly gave the eventual champions a run for their money.

Colombia: With recent Copa America success (they actually won it in 2001!) who can deny such an engaging team. Although it should be noted that they are not asstrong recently and did not qualify for the World Cup this year.

how about Asia:

Japan: A proud display from the Samurai this year. Taking Paraguay down to the line in penalties. It seems like ever since Japan and South Korea hosted the world cup they have both become contendors.

South Korea: Who can forget their entertaining match against Nigeria or their slaughter of the Greeks. Similar to Japan, ever since hosting the World Cup they seem to be growing in potential.

Australia: Really failed to deliver this World Cup, but still a potential gold mine of athletic talent. Similar to the US.

Now lets talk Africa:

Egypt: The dominant power in the African Cup of Nations now for quite some time, but failed to qualify to the World Cup. They have strong players Zidane's brilliant displays in the last Confed Cup.

Ghana: A fairly brilliant run through the World Cup this year, especially considering that Essein their star player was not on the field.

Ivory Coast: No one can deny the star power of the Ivory Coast. I don't believe I've ever seen so many players from an African country play at the very top level of European clubs. They are all over the place from Chelsea to Sevilla to Manchester City. But alas they were misplaced against Brazil and Portugal this world cup and were not able to show their true worth.

Cameroon: Take us back to 1990, what a brilliant run Cameroon gave us that year. Well...so I've heard as I was too young too remember lol. They really disillusioned me this world cup, but hopefully better days will follow ahead:)