Size In A Fight? Does It Matter, Doesn't It?

There is always an argument on this topic, does size matter in a fight, I strongly believe it doesn't, I generally get into fights quite a bit but only fight bigger guys than me, basically to prove to myself and prove to everybody else that size doesn't matter. So far I have been in quite a lot and have... show more There is always an argument on this topic, does size matter in a fight, I strongly believe it doesn't, I generally get into fights quite a bit but only fight bigger guys than me, basically to prove to myself and prove to everybody else that size doesn't matter. So far I have been in quite a lot and have never come to a loss, against trained big guys or non trained big guys, makes no difference to me. Here is one of my encounters, this guy weighed 45kgs (99lbs) (I know this because we ended up being mates afterwards) more than me and we got into a fight over something really stupid but many people were watching and I wanted to prove that size didn't matter. Basically he threw a punch that got me in the face, I moved and he kept coming, I circled him and threw a little jab to open up on a straight right to the head, I moved him back a bit then I kicked him in the leg and he buckled a bit he threw a really sloppy punch to move me away and I saw an opening for a head kick, I got it and dropped instantly I jumped on him threw a couple of punches to his head then got up and walked off with my mates. They were with me after that on size not mattering. Now I see in the heavyweight division in MMA fights were the smaller guy absolutely kicks the crap out of the bigger guy here are some example, Fedor Emelianenko vs Hong Man Choi, Royce Gracie vs Akebono Tora, Fedor Emelianenko vs Semmy Schilt, Fedor Emelianenko vs Wagner da Conceicao Martins, Frank Mir vs Wes Sims, Fedor Emelianenko vs Tim Sylvia, Royce Gracie to be honest was smaller than most of his opponents. Also in boxing, Mike Tyson much smaller than most of his opponents and he destroyed them. Now there are many more examples, but how come so many people still think size matters, when there are so much proof that it doesn't, that skill is much more effective than size, thats the point in martial arts, why don't people get this. There are so many advantages and disadvantages to being smaller than your opponent. What is your opinion on this? If you are one of those people who think size matters, please tell me with all this evidence that it doesn't you still believe that it does.
Update: Steve J, I am not a small man, I am quite big, but I choose to fight the bigger person because its actually proving something, I don't fight that often, but I have still been in many fights, I mean you could fight once a month for 3 years and you've got 36 fights which to most people is a hell of a lot. I... show more Steve J, I am not a small man, I am quite big, but I choose to fight the bigger person because its actually proving something, I don't fight that often, but I have still been in many fights, I mean you could fight once a month for 3 years and you've got 36 fights which to most people is a hell of a lot. I think the better fighter wins, and this has been proven, why can't you understand this, Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, is one example of size not making the slightest difference.
Update 2: Also I take Muay Thai and BJJ, I spar with guys that are over a head taller than me, and I do fine, since were not actually trying to beat each other, I can't win anyway, but I do absolutely fine, using my advatages against him and trying my best to avoid is advantages such as I am faster than a bigger guy, so... show more Also I take Muay Thai and BJJ, I spar with guys that are over a head taller than me, and I do fine, since were not actually trying to beat each other, I can't win anyway, but I do absolutely fine, using my advatages against him and trying my best to avoid is advantages such as I am faster than a bigger guy, so I use my speed to move away from his strength and to get more hits in, therefore I am winning, eventually the bigger guy will go down, they are human and it only take a certain amount of well placed shots to drop him.
Update 3: I don't get into fights that often, I have just been in plenty but thats over a lifetime. Also I do agree size matters, but I only think it matters in the strength department. If you have too much strength, chances are you lack in speed or endurance. If you have to much speed, chances are you lack in strength.... show more I don't get into fights that often, I have just been in plenty but thats over a lifetime. Also I do agree size matters, but I only think it matters in the strength department. If you have too much strength, chances are you lack in speed or endurance. If you have to much speed, chances are you lack in strength. But I think no fighter can have the best of all attributes, so you have to come down to skill and cleverness. Thank you to help me fully come to this conclusion.