How do i start to apply for a tourist visa to France? i am a Filipina...i am still in Dumaguete...please help?

5 Answers

  • Gerd P
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    The Honorary Consulates of France do not issue visa. The only place to have a visa for France issued is the Consular Section of the French Embassy in Makati.

    General requirements

    All applicants are required to submit the following documents in person; the application can be lodged up to three months prior to travel. Apply early in advance; visa applications from the Philippines require the prior consultation of all Schengen member countries before a visa can be issed.

    Kindly present your documents in the following order:

    Original documents must be presented with a photocopy.

    Extra documents might be requested for particular case

    Warning: Incomplete files may result to the refusal of the application.

    Tourist visa application

    1. Signed application for Schengen visa with photo (35mm x 45mm, white background) + 1 extra photo.

    2. Cover letter explaining the purpose of your trip as well as dates and places to be visited

    3. Details about the trip :

     Proof of accommodations

     For tourists: hotel vouchers and/or hotel booking

     If staying with a French resident:

    (a) Attestation d’accueil

    (b) copy of that host’s national identity card (if EU citizen) or residence permit (if citizen of a country other than the EU).

     Round trip flight ticket booking (please do not purchase your ticket unless your visa is granted).

     Complete itinerary with departure and return dates

     For family visit, proof of relationship (birth certificate, marriage certificate…)

    4. Proof of employment (if any):

     Certificate of employment with monthly salary and leave of absence approved by employer

     If self employed: official business registration for current and previous year.

     For priests, nuns and missionaries: certificate from the Apostolic Nunciature and guarantee letter from French and Filipino congregation.

    5. Proof of income :

     Income tax return from previous year, where applicable

     Recent bank certification

     Photocopy of the last three months statement of account of the same bank account

    6. Identity / Marital status :

     Photocopy of the first page of your valid passport and all relevant obtained visas

     If married: photocopy of your mariage contract and birth certificate anthenticated by the NSO

     If single: photocopy of your birth certificate authenticated by the NSO

     For minors, notarized affidavit from one or both parents if they don’t travel with the child

    7. An international valid worldwide travel insurance (medical expenses and repatriation) for the duration of the visa and valid for all Schengen states. Minimum coverage should be EUR 30,000.

    For a visa valid 5 to 15 days, insurance policy should cover 30 days.

    For a visa valid 16 to 30 days, insurance policy should cover 45 days.

    For a visa valid 31 to 90 days, insurance policy should cover 90 days.

    Minimum financial requirements for France are determined based on the minimum wages per day established by the French government annually. For 2010 the minimum amount required per day of stay is €62.00 [~₱3,750.00].

    Source(s): ..

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 10 years ago

    If you're in Dumaguete, try the France Consulate in Cebu

    France Consulate , Philippines

    556 Juan Luna Street Mabolo







    hope this helps and good luck

    it will be better if you contact a travel agent to ask what the requirements are before going to Cebu

    Ask if you need to go to the embassy in Manila to apply or if the consulate accepts visa applications.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • ?
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

    This is not easy. If only you lived in Metro Manila. I live in the US and I was trying to arrange tourist Visas for friends in the Philippines to meet me on a recent trip to Paris (tourist Visa) and I thought I could call and email the Embassy of France in Makati, but they were very unfriendly and unhelpful (and I speak French- LOL). The trip never occurred. Nevertheless, it is possible for you to go to France. You need to have some money in a bank account and paycheck receipts from a stable job. You will probably have to travel to the embassy in Makati, as an interview is required I think. Check the websites and see what you can find. I really think Canada is much more friendly to tourism from the Philippines. Ever think about practicing your French in Quebec instead? Bon Chance!

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 4 years ago

    If France works like the United States you'll have to go back to where you belong and process the fiancee visa from there.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • lolit
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    check it in France embassy . go there and inquire .

    • Log in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.