His mom is a control freak. she cant stop trying to control the relationship. how do i get her off my back?

we have been dating for 1 year and 7 months. we are finally adults but he still lives a home due to financial issues. however his mom drives me nuts. she is such a control freak trying to influence every little decision, she speaks poorly of my respected family and she is over dramatic about everything and blames... show more we have been dating for 1 year and 7 months. we are finally adults but he still lives a home due to financial issues. however his mom drives me nuts. she is such a control freak trying to influence every little decision, she speaks poorly of my respected family and she is over dramatic about everything and blames all his mistakes on me. how do i deal with her. he tries to talk to her and sometimes she listens for a while then goes back to her ways. he isnt a mamas boy. thank god but no matter how he approaches her she wont stop.
Update: sorry for the misunderstanding. im moved out but he isnt.