My cat wont stop screaming!!?

my cat dexter is so loving. he's really the best. but there one things that has driven me up the f-ing wall: he wont stop YOWLING. its for no real reason either! he has food, water, toys, i pet him as much as he lets me. he just seems to always be complaining about something and i have NO IDEA what. what really... show more my cat dexter is so loving. he's really the best. but there one things that has driven me up the f-ing wall: he wont stop YOWLING. its for no real reason either! he has food, water, toys, i pet him as much as he lets me. he just seems to always be complaining about something and i have NO IDEA what. what really gets me is his breed. he's a scottish fold. theres no evidence to suggest that scottish folds are vocal at all, in fact all the research ive done points to the fact that this breed is very "docile, and soft-spoken". my cat is nothing of this sort he will scream for no reason!

im sure theres nothing medically wrong with him, ive had him checked out. even the vet called him a whiner. whats going on!? how can i get him to pipe down without actually kicking him! the breeder i got him from was very loving and very very nice. all the kittens were in super clean and playful environments so its not like he was in a crate his whole life.

i would never kick a cat i love him to pieces but this has gotten me on my last nerve! all my neighbors in my building can hear him. im almost certainly going to have someone complaining soon. oh by the way, he seems to always yowl the most in front of my apartment door. as if to say he wants to go outside of it into the hallway. i think he thinks its another room in the apartment that ive blocked him from playing in so he complains until i finally give in.

someone please help me. what can i do? i have run out of sanity.
Update: he is not neutered, no. he is 5 months old.