Gun ownership in the state of Illinois?

I recently received an antique shotgun from my grandfather as part of my inheritance (he's giving certain items to family members while he's still alive to ensure they go to the people he wants them to go to). I have never owned a firearm of any kind. What must I do to legally possess a gun in the state... show more I recently received an antique shotgun from my grandfather as part of my inheritance (he's giving certain items to family members while he's still alive to ensure they go to the people he wants them to go to). I have never owned a firearm of any kind.

What must I do to legally possess a gun in the state of Illinois if the gun was given to me as a gift from a relative (i.e. not purchased through either a dealer or from private party)? At the very least, I assume I need to obtain a FOID card.
Update: I should also add, that my grandfather does not himself live in Illinois, so the gun was not obtained within the state.