Most distinctive rock and roll voices?

Voices that you immediately recognize when you hear them. Please choose a male and a female. My choices would be Bob Dylan and Janis Joplin but these certainly aren't the only ones! And aren't these - rather than the technically good voices - one of the things that make you love rock?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Meat Loaf. He could sing the phone book and you'd know it was him immediately.

2. Don Henley. Henley has a technically good voice, plus the added benefit that he knows what to do with it.

3. Mick Jagger. I'm not a Stones fan, but to quote that old game show you could name that tune in one note when you hear Jagger.

4. Bonnie Raitt. If more females sang like Bonnie there'd be more successful females.

5. Pat Benatar. I never EVER cared for Benatar's music but there is no mistaking her voice. (I saw a You Tube video of her singing Martina McBride's "Independence Day" and my chin hit the floor.)

6. Elvis Presley. There are a million people making a living as Elvis imitators, but there never was one who could get a record deal by impersonating him. He truly was one of a kind.

• Carol
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Freddie Mercury Robert Plant Steve Perry Scott Weiland Myles Kennedy Brent Smith Maynard James Keenan Chris Cornell Eddie Vedder Jerry Cantrell Benjamin Burnley John Cooper Brad Arnold Rob Halford Jacoby Shaddix M. Shadows Dave Grohl James Hetfield Dave Mustaine Sully Erna David Draiman Jim Morrison Ozzy Osbourne Ronnie James Dio Jesse Hasek Serj Tankien

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Bruce Springsteen

Brian Wilson

Roy Orbison

Bonnie Tyler

Tina Turner

Wanda Jackson

• Mark
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Male- Ozzy Osbourne

Female- Stevie Nicks

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I thought for sure that this question was going to be about Ronnie James Dio. He just died, and he has easily one of the most powerful voices I've ever heard. For a female I'd go with Bonnie Raitt, I would recognize almost all of her songs instantly

• 10 years ago

Male: Jim Morrison

Female: Tori Amos

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Elton john, Neil Young, Freddie Mercury, Robert Plant, Karen oh, Tom Gabel,

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Rod Stewart, Cyndie Lauper

• 10 years ago

Meat Loat

Tracy Chapman

take care

dave

• 10 years ago

Ann Wilson from Heart and Olga from the toy Dolls!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.