My 4 year old son Has a cyst under his eye Advice needed?

about 3 1/2 - 4 months ago. My son had a Small lump come up under his Left eye. For a couple of weeks it kept appearing then going away. Then about 3 months ago the lump came back and hasn't gone away since. I have tried putting a hot compression on his eye several times a day, but it made no difference. Last... show more about 3 1/2 - 4 months ago. My son had a Small lump come up under his Left eye. For a couple of weeks it kept appearing then going away. Then about 3 months ago the lump came back and hasn't gone away since. I have tried putting a hot compression on his eye several times a day, but it made no difference. Last week I took him to the doctors as although its not pain full, it is starting to irritate him and is getting bigger. The doctor confirmed that it is a cyst and prescribed eye drops to put in my sons eye. I have been using the eye drops 4 times a day for 5 days now. But there has not been much improvement. The cyst still looks the same. How long should it take for the drops to work. The doctor said that if the drops don't work then my son will have to go to hospital to have it surgically removed. How long should I waite before taking him back to the doctors. Should I give the drops more time to work. The doctor never said how long to use the drops for. He just said to bring him back if the cyst does not go away. Also is there any other option I could consider before surgery. Finally what is the procedure to remove a cyst, how do they do it, with young children do they put them to sleep, does it hurt Alto, and would he have to wear a dressing on eye after.

Any advice would be much appreciated

thanks in advance
Update: the cyst is on the lower eye lid of his left eye its about the size of a large pea. you don't have to pull his eye lid down to see it. It is visable when you look at his eye.When you run a clean finger over it it feels like a very hard lump and it moves around.