Why Does My Printer Print Gray Instead of Black?

I just bought a brand new Canon PIXMA iP2600 series printer I hooked it up according to directions, installed the ink cartridges correctly, and tried it out. I noticed the black was printing out gray, so I did a Nozzle Check, and still no change. I checked the ink, thinking maybe I installed it wrong, but they... show more I just bought a brand new Canon PIXMA iP2600 series printer
I hooked it up according to directions, installed the ink cartridges correctly, and tried it out. I noticed the black was printing out gray, so I did a Nozzle Check, and still no change. I checked the ink, thinking maybe I installed it wrong, but they were installed correctly. PLEASE, if anybody can help me I would greatly appreciate it, I need to be able to use my printer, but I need it to print Black instead of gray.