Ever had a dream that seemed to be real? c/c?

I woke with a start---sobs leaping from my chest

crying out "Daddy, I love you" with tears flowing fast

hard to breathe; what, this can't be happening again!

the last time this happened, my grandfather died....

so real, thinking that any minute the phone will ring

news of his passing---God give me strength!

is this a wicked spirit of torment

teasing my emotions and feeding my brain

or is this God's way of preparing my heart

for the news that awaits....

Daddy is close---in miles from me

but haven't seen him in years (3 years it has been)

He turned 78 on the 15th this month

I didn't send a card----I'm not the type

He knows that I love him

I feel it within

will this bad dream turn into a

NIGHTMARE

by the ringing of that phone?

• .

Dearest, if at all possible, go to see him. Three years? Touching write, Luv. Good Mornin', Sweetie.

"i've got seen God's greatness, notwithstanding that is been planned That I not communicate of what I understand." Oh my gosh how effective those words and how frustrating the finished poem. i think of although, if i ought to declare my fashionable stanza,,,it is that this. "whilst strolling as quickly as alongside a united states lane I spied a bucket, climate-worn and bare, which era and situation 0.5-crammed with rain. And on its waters I grew to alter into attentive to a lone beetle's silent voyage there, And in it, pondered, existence's journey; And now I see such visions everywhere -- i've got not dared glimpse the oaken bucket provided that. i'm tortured and yet blessed by potential of windfall; that is come to shake my wakefulness with attractions That pierce me completely and make no experience. And what have been as quickly as my pleasures and delights, And have been for my finished existence the purpose and sum, Now exile me to lands the place words can not come."

I loved this poem and it brought a tear to my eyes as i always dream of my mom who had passed 6 yrs ago ' and they seem so real and as always i wake up sobbing as i miss her more than life it self..These dreams are a blessing to me as i at least get her with me ' till that damn alarm shakes me a wake ; every time' and back to reality..

Love is an action word

Sandy, I hate dreams like that. I have them too. Contact your Dad, check he's ok. I think it will make you feel better

• Regwah

I'm not the type either, I always receive cards but never send them.

Maybe you could send a card or give him a ring.

The two a.m. phone call we all dread. What you should dread more is the constant worry about receiving the call. The march of time claims all, worrying about it only hastens your time in my opinion. Celebrate the time spent. Now where is my ambien? lol

Three years? My sadness for your loss has no bounds.