WHAT is with teens always being/wanting to be in a relationship!?

So I'm 18. Never had a crush. Never had a boyfriend. I like boys. I know that. And IT's NOT that I'm jealous, or wish I had a boyfriend, I just don't get WHY so many people DO. I always have viewed relationships as something when your older, an adult, and ready for it. Why rush into it? I know some... show more So I'm 18. Never had a crush. Never had a boyfriend. I like boys. I know that. And IT's NOT that I'm jealous, or wish I had a boyfriend, I just don't get WHY so many people DO. I always have viewed relationships as something when your older, an adult, and ready for it. Why rush into it? I know some people can't help the feelings, but it's strange to me. It's strange why even 12 year olds are getting into relationships. Why? It's not like it's gonna last. But beside that point, why do people want relationships? Isn't friends enough? And I mean, I'm not against relationships, of course not. But it seems strange to me that people so young are crazy in love.

One friend has known this girl for only a few weeks and they already together, snuggling and cuddling and everything. Another person I know is all depressed because he had a major crush on my best friend, only to learn she really isn't interested in him that way. She likes him a lot as a friend, but isn't looking for a boyfriend and can only ever see them as friends. He's like, what, 15/16 and he's all depressed about it. >.> And even though he knows her feelings, he still goes on, like she's the only girl he'll ever love. >.> I MEAN come on.

Love as a teen seems to bring never ending depression. I've lost count of the people who have liked someone, only to have their 'heart broken' and become miserable. One friend crushed on this guy she didn't even know, and was in tears all day when she learned he was with someone else. I don't get it. How can some people fall for someone they don't even know? I'd have to get to know the person before I could like them like that.

I mean, I know I like guys. I know one day I may have a crush. But I want to get to know the guy. I don't like how some people are madly in love when they barely know someone. I've never believed the whole Love at first sight thing. I DO believe in attraction at first sight.

I also hate how someone's crush not liking them ruins peoples lives. How upset they get. I can't imagine being in tears and feeling horrible all the time over some guy. And I don't ever want to be one-sided, I don't want to be crazy over some guy when he really doesn't like me that way, like some people act.

I mean, this guy who's only 16, was telling me how in love with my best friend he is. How he'd wait forever for her answer (before he knew how she felt) and stuff. Going on and on about his love. How old is he!? He's still going on, even though he knows how she feels. He even seems to think he'll change his mind..

I don't know, I don't get it. Probably because it's never happened to me. And before someone says I'm gay, I know my sexuality. I like boys. But I just don't see why having a girlfriend/boyfriend is such a thing for tweens and teens.

Many people say you can't control the feeling. Yet, I've seen plenty of boys at school. Some I thought were cute. But I never gave them a second thought.

I guess I find it kind of.. sad and funny how they'll be going on crazy with love, then be super depressed when the relationship is over or they find out their crush never liked em.

Of course, I like to respect others opinions, so I understand and don't think there's anything wrong with being in a relationship as a teen. It just surprises me how often it occurs. Why it's felt like it's needed. Why people feel this way at all. Some people I notice who have a girl/boyfriend seem to suffer from depression or are looking to be loved. NOT ALWAYS of course, but in my experience with people I know, they always tend to have self-confidence issues. As if they are looking for someone to love them....

Just curious to hear other peoples views on this. xD