Would you confront a friend who's kid clogged your toilet so bad that it backed up the plumbing in your house?

My friend owed me some baby-sitting (I paid her to baby sit once and she ended up backing out, so she said she would next time I needed someone). Well, I needed to have her baby sit because my husband was out of town and I had class. She brought both of her kids over here while she watched my kids. Well, when I came home she had destroyed my house. I can get over that, but the horrible thing was that her 5 year old clogged my toilet so bad that it backed up the plumbing in my whole house. She didn't even let me know. I went in to use the restroom and it was filled to the rim with tons of toilet paper and poo! Well I went upstairs to go, and all the toilets were broken. My question is, do I confront my friend? Or do I let it go?

Favorite Answer

I'd confront her ... with a VERY big plunger !!!!!

No seriously, yes i would confront her and explain exactly what happened. She needs to come up with the money to reimburse you and if she's any kind of friend she will offer to do this without being prompted. It isnt fair you have to put out so much for a plumber over something that wasn't of your doing.

PS: if she was any kind of a friend she wouldn't have trashed your home either but thats another issue.

I would definitely let her know. I would just tell her "Hey when you babysat the other day, someone used way to much toilet paper in the downstairs toilet and it backed everything up in my house. Just let her know without being mean because she may have that same problem at her own house.

Anyway, probably won't make a difference. Anyone that would babysit and let her kids destroy your house probably won't be too concerned with your toilet but you definitely need to let her know you were not happy about the situation. And I would also mention how bad the house was torn up.

• bucci

You dont say how previous she is so its no longer common to declare yet Im guessing consistent with danger she grew to become into terrified if she used a plunger she could reason extra harm.Thats incorrect thinking yet you could in straight forward terms think of my ask your self as quickly as I have been given married and my husband had no theory the thank you to apply a plunger.He could say the lavatory twisted up and that i could say so which you utilize a plunger and he pronounced I dont understand how! I even have been plunging and taking aside lavatories as a results of fact i grew to become into probly 12 years previous.Her grew to become right into a 26 year previous guy who has never plunged a bathroom..She has been punished i could purely drop it.i think of she purely freaked out.

Of course you confront her! If she has any decency (which is questionable, considering she didn't even let you know there was a problem) she'd feel obligated to help you pay for it.

try to fix it. but if you cant then maybe mention it to her in a laughing matter. and if she offers to fix it or pay for it then accept the offer. plumbing can be expensive. and thats pretty disgusting to deal with yourself!! dont freak out on your friend though, because that can cause you two to fight. good luck!

yerhh , i would!