piggy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

Running 1 hour a day for a year, how much weight can i lose?

I'm 20 this year and getting more and more disturb by my appearance. Over the years, i have finally find my determination in slimming. I used to try out replacement meal and lose quite a lot of weight. But i didn't maintain it and eventually gain it all back. Now i have decided to run at least 1 hour a day. Just like to ask if anyone know how much weight can i lose in one year with running 1hour at least a day. The reason i would like to know how much weight can i lose is because i want to work towards that target.

Some information about me, i am now 88kg, 165 tall. I have been over weight since primary 4 which is 10 year old.

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Summer
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

For your height a healthy weight would be between 50 and 68 kg so a good weight goal to set is around 60kg, which means that you need to lose 28kg. A healthy rate to lose at is 0.5-1kg per week, which means that you would be able to lose this weight in a time frame of 28-56 weeks. If you were to eat a healthy diet of around 1500 calories per day and run for 1 hour per day, then you could lose up to 1kg per week.

The best ways to lose weight are:

The best ways to lose weight are through a good healthy diet and regular exercise:

- Eat a diet of around 1500 calories daily

- Eat healthy food like fruit and veg, fresh fish, lean meat, egg whites, low fat dairy products, complex carbs, bran etc

- Cut out junk foods, soda, processed food, take outs and don't eat fattening snacks but opt for healthy choices instead such a oat cakes, fruit or veg sticks

- Drink 8 glasses of water per day to ensure that you stay fully hydrated

- Eat small but regular meals and snacks, consuming at least 6 small meals or snacks.

- Do at least 60 minutes of intensive cardio per day (running, swimming, gym, sports, dancing, aerobics) You should make sure that your heart rate is at least 60-80% of its maximum to ensure that you are in the fat burning zone

- Do strength training (push ups/crunches/squats) in order to tone and build lean muscle which will increase you basal metabolic rate

- Set target goals and record your weight loss in a journal

Hope this helps.

• 10 years ago

The average weight loss is 2 pounds a week, but the first week you lose more because of water weight. You will lose about that much or maybe more. Running burns a lot of calories.

You have to change what you are eating though. If you go and run everyday, but eat 3,000 calories you will not lose weight.

Stick to high quality nutritious foods. Avoid processed and fried foods. As well as white products like sugar and white bread.

Drink lots of water and unsweetened green tea, this will also clear up your skin if you have acne.

• 3 years ago

I lost 23 pounds by ability of strolling 3-5 situations a week for a million/2 hour, eating water all day apart from 1 soda in line with day. My son is 3 and it relatively helped getting that infant weight off.

• 3 years ago

run 5 percent of a marathon at a 10 minute mile pace

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Snap a photo of yourself once a week to know progress that will also increase your confidence level

• 3 years ago

Not eating or skipping meals is not dieting If you do you may get more weight

• 4 years ago

pass on pop youll be amazed by how much weight you drop by simply switching to water

• Fidel
    Lv 5
    3 years ago

swing a lasso over your head 375 times

• 4 years ago

if your lifestyle or career includes a lot of socializing out at dinners or drinks start scheduling workout dates with friends co workers or even clients

• 4 years ago

ditch the mayo cheese and top bun if you want to scrape off 250 calories from a restaurant sandwich

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.