Why do people always say "10 Points for Best Answer"? (10 Points for Best Answer)?

I mean I know how it works. I know i get 10 points if my answer is the best. Everyone knows that

Your thoughts?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Zen
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Best answer

They are trying to persuade you to answer their question...

Can i have the 10 points?

• 10 years ago

Most people probably only say it in the title to fill in the 20 characters. But I don't know why they say it in the additional details. Before I got an account, I thought you could determine how many points you could give people for best answer because I kept seeing people say that XD.

• They want the most people possible to answer them, so they bribe with the promise of 10 points.

• 10 years ago

You see? now your thinking. Can I have my 10 points for best answer now? You see? That is why.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

To try to advertise their question better.

Or maybe they think we are stupid?

EDIT: LOL @ third answerer - I know!! Most of the time when they say that in their question, the question ends up going to vote after 4 days.

XD

• 10 years ago

Because sometimes the OP doesn't pick a best answer.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i wish someone would say 10 points for worst answer

• 10 years ago

most of the time the op doesnt come back and pick the best answer

• 10 years ago

people do that to get immidiate responses from points prostitutes people think if they answer first they will get picked

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

They have no life and all they care about is Y!A points.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.