Why do people always say "10 Points for Best Answer"? (10 Points for Best Answer)?

I mean I know how it works. I know i get 10 points if my answer is the best. Everyone knows that

Your thoughts?

• Zen

They are trying to persuade you to answer their question...

Can i have the 10 points?

Most people probably only say it in the title to fill in the 20 characters. But I don't know why they say it in the additional details. Before I got an account, I thought you could determine how many points you could give people for best answer because I kept seeing people say that XD.

• They want the most people possible to answer them, so they bribe with the promise of 10 points.

You see? now your thinking. Can I have my 10 points for best answer now? You see? That is why.

To try to advertise their question better.

Or maybe they think we are stupid?

EDIT: LOL @ third answerer - I know!! Most of the time when they say that in their question, the question ends up going to vote after 4 days.

XD

Because sometimes the OP doesn't pick a best answer.

i wish someone would say 10 points for worst answer

most of the time the op doesnt come back and pick the best answer

people do that to get immidiate responses from points prostitutes people think if they answer first they will get picked

They have no life and all they care about is Y!A points.