what does friends with benefits mean?

what does friends with benefits mean?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi Blondie,

It depends as I have come across on two other definitions on Yahoo! Answers. One term that I have seen it means dating with physical activity that stops short of sex. Second definition that I have seen it is the same one as the first definition with the added caveat that you are able to date other people. The actual definition of a friend with benefits means you begin out as friends but at some point the two of you discover that there is an attraction. However that attraction is not strong enough where the two of you just start dating but explore that attraction that leads to sex occurring. Sex does not begin to define your friendship. The sex is a physical experience in order to keep feelings from developing in order which is needed to keep the relationship maintained. If feelings begin to develop it requires that both agree to change the relationship to a dating relationship and this does not always occur. Simply put a friend with benefits is a relationship that is defined on friendship. However the boundaries of the friendship does allow sex to occur and it allows both individuals in the friend with benefits relationship to date other people.

• 1 decade ago

It's two people that hook up, but are not in a real relationship. They are 'friends' that do anything from making out to going all the way, but are not exclusive or 'together.' There is not supposed to be feelings involved, or more than just a physical side to their get-togethers, but usually somebody develops feelings and both people get hurt. Not a good idea.

• 4 years ago

Friends with benefits or FWB is where you are friends as such but also have casual consensual sex with each other. Too bad you're not my neighbour, i'd like that friendship

• 1 decade ago

It usually means sexual benefits, without any commitments.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Basically having a "friendship" that consists of sexual activity only. You don't really hang out to just relax or see a movie together - you just do sex stuff and you might not even know each other that well.

• 6 years ago

friend that are benefit by having sex, F*U*C*k* bubbies are different then friends with benefit

• 1 decade ago

Usually, a friend that you can have sex with, with no emotional attachment.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeaa basically F-U-C-K buddies.

Your just friends. No relationship..Nothing serious...But you still mess around..

Source(s): Been asked if I wanted that so many times...always turn it down lol
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

someone you use for sex but you are friends with.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sex buddy

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.