Scientific athiests, do you believe in multiple universes?

By scientific athiests I am referring to those that believe that science shows that there is no God. The universe is finely tuned. This has been known by scientists for quite some time. The fine tuning of the universe is not easily explained away by chance, but requires either something which tunes it, or a... show more By scientific athiests I am referring to those that believe that science shows that there is no God.

The universe is finely tuned. This has been known by scientists for quite some time. The fine tuning of the universe is not easily explained away by chance, but requires either something which tunes it, or a large number of universes so that the chance becomes much more probable.

If you do not beleive in an large number of universes, how do you explain the minscule probability associated with a universe that can support life?
If you do believe in a large number of universes, is this not a belief that requires as much faith as any belief in God?
Update: I knew I would get the god of gaps argument, but this argument if fundamentally flawed. Since we see complex organization from the smallest atom to the entire universe, there is no gap, and indeed it should be called the science of gaps, since it is only your philosophy that has so many gaps.
Update 2: Thinker, Are you just trying to show that your name is a misnomer?
Answer the question are don't, but insults are not necessary and do not show the inquisitive mind that your name proclaims to have.
Update 3: Reddas, I have studied and written a published paper on chaos theory. You are mistaken.
Update 4: Creationist, in that I believe in a god, yes. Creationist in that I believe in 7 day creation or that creation should be taught in school, no.
Update 5: Puredag,
That is a flawed argument. The tuner is not at all limited by the instrument. The tuner has the ability to create a new instrument, destroy the instrument they have, etc. Most anyone can tune my trumpet, but does my having a trumpet in any way limit you?
Update 6: Acid, You abuse logic. The universe appears to be finely-tuned. You only state that it isn't, and give infinitisimal explanation. By your logic, the Mona Lisa may indeed not have been painted by Da Vinci but has come about by some ants trailing over paint and then over the canva. This is indeed... show more Acid,
You abuse logic. The universe appears to be finely-tuned. You only state that it isn't, and give infinitisimal explanation. By your logic, the Mona Lisa may indeed not have been painted by Da Vinci but has come about by some ants trailing over paint and then over the canva. This is indeed infinitisimally probable, and the Mona Lisa does indeed exist. Thus, in your mind you have proven your point. You have not.
Update 7: Richter, http://biologos.org/questions/fine-tuning/ While this argument has been used in the past, it has never received a satisfactory explanation and is still known to be true among astrophysicists. I am certainly not stating that I am terribly original. but you still have yet to come up with a good counter... show more Richter,
http://biologos.org/questions/fine-tunin...
While this argument has been used in the past, it has never received a satisfactory explanation and is still known to be true among astrophysicists. I am certainly not stating that I am terribly original. but you still have yet to come up with a good counter to the argument of fine-tuning. The multiverse idea is the best I have heard, though entirely unscientific.
Update 8: Drmultiverse,
How exactly does quantum mechanics give evidence of a multiverse? Do you have any sources, because I would love to read about this?
Update 9: Mez,
if you truly don't know as you say, then you truly don't know if there is a god and you would be considered an agnostic, in which case I was not addressing the question to you.
Update 10: Miss Information,
The evidence of a lack of a god? You can provide evidence of the nonpresence of something? I don't think so. You can say there is no evidence to suggest that there is a god, but the evidence of a lack of a god, you certainly do not have.
Update 11: Further drmultiverse just disproved your other statement.