I'm sick..haven't gone to the doctor yet but..?

It feels just like a simple cold, but the last time i got one was 2 or 3 years ago. So I don't really remember how it felt. Its just a scratchy throat lots of coughing, runny nose, and My hearing? Like that high pitch tone that alot of adults can't hear, i could hear up to 20,000Hz But now i can't hear past 17,300Hz. Is this just temporary, and is just one of those things that come with a common cold, or any other sickness. Because I like having good ears. I'm only 15, I don't wanna lose my good hearing until i'm atleast 30 or 40. :/

you should take 2000IU of vitamin D3 daily, especially in the winter time with no sunlight. if you're already sick, take 5000IU of D3 (not D2) until you get better then switch to 2000IU.

In the winter people become vitamin D deficient which causes flus, colds and other respiratory illnesses. this lowers your immune system giving you cold & flu like symptoms. this increases your chances of all sorts of cancers, especially breast cancer for women.

there's even reports of hospitals where they had H1N1 outbreaks, but the patient groups that were on vitamin D did not get infected. this follows previous evidence that high vitamin D levels prevent respiratory illnesses.

it costs 10cents a day.

First, gargle with warm salt water, and then if you dont mind spending a few bucks, go to the pharmacy, they have these lollipops for kids to help ease sore throats and coughs, and honestly, they work wonders!! they dont taste like medicine at all. I have used them for myself and all 3 of my kids. Also, make sure you drink plenty of fluids. Try to stay away from carbonated beverages for now and dont eat spicy foods, cause that will just irritate your throat. I would say if you are not feeling better within 72 hours, go to the doctor, but also, you need to look in your throat and check to see if you have white dots on it, if you do, sorry but you will need to go to the doctors, and get an antibiotic...white dots=strep...good luck and feel better soon