3ds Max, How do I make an object with with material at 100% self illumination but still receive shadows?

Have been working with Max 6 for a few years, I want to make a blue screen set for animated objects. make dummy blue objects for my character to interface with so that the shadows land right and will show on the end video. It seems the only way to do this is set the dummy props to a blue blinn material, set the... show more Have been working with Max 6 for a few years, I want to make a blue screen set for animated objects. make dummy blue objects for my character to interface with so that the shadows land right and will show on the end video. It seems the only way to do this is set the dummy props to a blue blinn material, set the self illumination to 100%. but, once you do this, all shadows are obviously blended out due to that 100%. I can't seem to override the shadow removal.
1 answer 1