whats the difference between soy milk, and regular milk?

Is there a taste difference? lol just wondering I don't use milk since I'm a vegetarian(recent) :| and i know nothing of soy milk, my teacher said vegetarians use it. haha,

x,aki.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Nutritionally there's very little difference, except there's no cholesterol in soy milk. It tastes a bit like 1% or 2% milk.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I know who you feel about soy milk smelling awful but I have discovered the best tasting soy milk. Its called Bonsoy, it's cream and don't have that claggy taste or grainy constancy. I think it's made in Japan but has been imported to many conutries. You should try a few to find one that suits your taste buds as soy milk vary but no doubt Bonsy will come up on to top as your preferred choice.

• 1 decade ago

Vegetarians can use milk. Was your teaching thinking of vegans?

They do taste different but in most cases you can substitute soy milk for real milk.

• 1 decade ago

Plain soymilk isnt the greatest tasting thing out there I admit. But the vanilla chocolate or strawberry flavored isnt too bad. The best part is that it's vegetarian and vegan friendly. And it is healthier for you, it doesnt have all of the gross crap and hormones that cow's milk has, yuk...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Oh yes. More like lack of taste. Though the taste of soymilk is not very strong. Soymilk has a bit more distinct flavor than milk.

• 1 decade ago

soy milk taste so much better, the very vanilla and chocolate silk taste like candy

• 1 decade ago

soymilk is form soybeans and and does not come from any animal but normal milk comes from cows. Soybean is supposed to be better for you also but its a bit expensive

• 1 decade ago

Soy Milk is not real milk, and it is gross tasteing but it is not really my call to tell you what to do.

My family belives that it is best to eat all organic. No soy or stuff from publix, kroger, etc, has ever been put into our pantry.

Source(s): my mother
  • 1 decade ago

Blondie, did you just imply that soybeans cannot be organic? I bought soymilk that is indeed organic, it comes from an organic source. (Soybeans are plants)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.