Where can I get some guitar strings?!?

Soo I broke the first string or the skinniest one. lol...I was tuning it and it just snapped. I'm not sure where the closest music store is, I've checked the nearest mall and they didn't have any. One of the nearby walmarts do, but i'm not sure if its the right one? My cousin said my fender is bigger than the whatever that one is. its Acoustic by the way.. Soo..can I get the walmart ones or do I have to get them specifically?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

A good place is at Best Buy. The same thing happend to me, so my dad and I went up to Best Buy and bought some new ones. All you do is go up to a worker and tell him... May i get some Acoustic guitar strings and he will lead you to them. Try asking him if he can put the strings on for you, if he can't, try going to a guitar shop, like Guitar Center in Natick. Don't forget to bring your guitar with you

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can get the walmart ones yes

Make sure you replace all of the strings as it wont sound right with just one new one

Also make sure that you get the right strings as in steel or nylon depending on whats on already!

• 1 decade ago

Try The Guitar Center.

• 1 decade ago

different brands of strings may have different tones, as well as newer and older ones... mainly you just need to know what gauge they are and get the same gauge, so you could get walmart ones, but they wouldn't necessarily be the best there is.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Walmart ones are fine just don't get first act thats all

Source(s): 10 years of selling guitars
  • 1 decade ago

D'Addario It will sound like grand piano strings at first. And then it will sound like strings crafted from god.

Source(s): Personal Experience.
  • find a music store. take the guitar with you.

they will get you the correct for you,

• 1 decade ago

at the same plce u bought a guitar or on the inernet

Source(s): myself
  • 1 decade ago

Here are some websites

Source(s): www.ebay.com MusiciansFriend.com www.JustStrings.com/GuitarStrings
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OH GOD AM I DRUHNK

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.