10 points to first answer! Would you consider this "cheating"?

I've been "talking" to this guy named Max for just over a month now. He lives in Chicago, I'm near Kansas City, and we're both college students. Because of the distance, we aren't dating, and I'm not even sure if we're really going to pursue anything. However, we openly express our... show more I've been "talking" to this guy named Max for just over a month now. He lives in Chicago, I'm near Kansas City, and we're both college students. Because of the distance, we aren't dating, and I'm not even sure if we're really going to pursue anything. However, we openly express our feelings for each other and how excited we are to see each other in December. He tells me all these flattering and romantic things, but I'm bothered that it seems like I always have to text him first anymore.
Lately, I've been getting to know a guy I work with named Devin. I think that he likes me.
Because of my situation with Max, would you consider me maybe giving my number to Devin cheating?
(I don't think I could go out on a date with him if he asked. I'd just like to get to know him more.)