Should I Pursue My Dream Even if Its a Longshot?

Last year I was a freshman in college but didnt end up playing because I had to go on medical leave after the fall semester. I was slated to make the team after having a decent fall season. This year I will technically still be considered a freshman with four years left of eligibility During my junior year of high... show more Last year I was a freshman in college but didnt end up playing because I had to go on medical leave after the fall semester. I was slated to make the team after having a decent fall season. This year I will technically still be considered a freshman with four years left of eligibility During my junior year of high school i hit .350 at the plate and i started taking the game seriously.My senior year was cut short by an injury and I was only able to play in two games.
The only problem is that in high school I hadn't even been sniffed by a college scout. Its my dream to prolong my baseball career after college. I'm currently at a small D3 college in Ohio and I fear that even if I do put up solid numbers i will still get no exposure. Another problem that I have is my size right now I'm currently 5 10 and only weigh about 150 and dont have to much bulk to me. Even as it is at 5 10 150 I can absolutely tear the cover off the ball to all fields and im solid defensively in the outfield. This leads me to believe that I still have a ton of untapped potential that could come around if I can get bigger.Im hoping to do this through a 52 week training program that im currently on.

Do I have any realistic shot at someday becoming that good if I play through college? People who have seen me play now would say I have no shot. I feel like a small fish in a big pond and that no matter how hard I try I will never reach it.Could I ever make it with extreme determination and hard work? I know that I'll have to work harder then i could ever imagine but I'm willing to go to great lengths for this.I just want to know if it will all be worth it in the long run.
11 answers 11