Are there any support groups on the internet for adults who were abused as children. ?

• Bret

If you "google" this: 'adult victims of sexual abuse', you will find a plethora of information that can help you. There are also a great many good books from people who have suffered and conquered this in their lives. I do believe that what we experience as children has a dramatic effect on us as adults, affecting everything from our work to our private lives and how we deal with others. Please try this, but you may also want to think about counseling as an added way to get above the tragedy and get past it.

I wish you luck and support, always,

Bret

As others have answered, there should be many support/help sites online if you search google or Yahoo! I think. I'm sure there are specific help line telephone numbers you can call to speak with someone directly as well.

Hope you find what you're looking for, and all the best.

Take care.

There are plenty of them out there but I can tell you from looking at a few that were given to me to check out for others that most of them are crap.

If you have a problem dealing with what happened to you as a child it is always best to find a competent psychologist to talk with.

You'll never know unless you search for one.