How do I get a Violation explained ?

I've found a couple of related questions in the archives, but they were more airing frustrations than proactive. I got a violation notice last week for an answer I'd given in Homework Help. The poster handed us an essay question; I replied that we couldn't do the entire essay for her, but gave her... show more I've found a couple of related questions in the archives, but they were more airing frustrations than proactive.

I got a violation notice last week for an answer I'd given in Homework Help. The poster handed us an essay question; I replied that we couldn't do the entire essay for her, but gave her some leads on how to find the answers.

I replied to the violation notice, explaining what I'd done, and asked for a clarification on how I'd violated forum standards. I got a form reply that stated simply that Y!A had reviewed the case, and the reprimand was allowed to stand: in other words, ignoring the content of my message. I wrote back, pointing out that they hadn't clarified anything, and asked for a cognizant response within 72 hours.

Perhaps it will be no surprise to this forum that I've heard nothing in that 72 hours. Does anyone have any tips on how I can get through to a functionally literate human being to resolve this? The same thing happened the last time I was on Y!A, about 2 years ago -- and is the reason I left. I can find another forum or two where my efforts meet with better manners, although the audiences are smaller.

It's a shame, too -- since I recently made "Top Contributor" in three areas and I now show up on the Leaderboard for points.

So it goes.

adTHANKSvance
Update: Thanks for the suggestions. The Y!A search engine turns up nothing under "How to appeal a violation"; either the engine fails, or that topic has been deleted 8-? . I did respond directly to the abuse handlers; we'll see whether that brings a functional response. Thanks for the support and... show more Thanks for the suggestions. The Y!A search engine turns up nothing under "How to appeal a violation"; either the engine fails, or that topic has been deleted 8-? .

I did respond directly to the abuse handlers; we'll see whether that brings a functional response.

Thanks for the support and encouragement. However, I need to hold Y!A accountable for the community they define. I moderate a community myself, and I know the care it takes. By my standards, Y!A did not exhibit that care 2 years ago, and it's (apparently) still lacking.

If Y!A still chooses to follow this lack of basic courtesy, then I'll simply go where the standards of etiquette are more to my liking. I'm not going to fight Y!A to build this community the way *I* think it should be: it's their community, and their choice of standards.
Update 2: Here is the text of the violation mail Question: INTOLERABLE ACTS?? HELP? Question Details: What was the PURPOSE for the "QUARTERING ACT"? and what was the colonist REACTION to the "Boston Port Act"? and wat was the colonist REACTION to the "Administration of Justice Act" please... show more Here is the text of the violation mail

Question: INTOLERABLE ACTS?? HELP?

Question Details: What was the PURPOSE for the "QUARTERING ACT"? and what was the colonist REACTION to the "Boston Port Act"? and wat was the colonist REACTION to the "Administration of Justice Act" please help and I DONT NEED TO KNOW WAT THE ACT WAS I ONLY NEED TO KNO WAT THE "REACTION" AND EFFECT IT HAD ON THE COLONIST! THATS ITS! THANK YOU! Um if i could hav efound it in my textbook or the internet i wuldnt have asked on here would i? and btw im not yeeling im just tryin to make sure i get wat i reaalyy need

Deleted Answer: You need to look up each of the acts and read the discussion. Your text, the Internet, and the encyclopedia will each have this information. Also, please quit shouting at us. Read the posting guidelines.

Violation Reason: Misuse of the question and answer format

In Yahoo! Answers you must phrase questions in question format, and your answer must attempt to answer the question. Question