Do Jews like Obama? Does he like them?

I am not a huge political observer but it kind of seems like Obama is turning his back on Israel. I know several Jewish people that voted for him. I am just curious as to how the Jewish community feel about the President.

There are Jews in Iran too.

• Matt

I have wondered this same thing. Jewish people are not stupid, and most are very loyal to Israel. I do know that Jews are huge on alternative energy sources, and view this as a major way to weaken the Arabs in the middle east. To say that the democrats do nothing for Jews would be wrong, because many Jews love this clean energy, high fuel standards, type stuff. You would think Jews would also be in favor of drilling for oil in Alaska and off shore, but maybe they think clean energy and high fuel standards are a better way to go.

I think with Obama's stance on Israel, Jews would just have to be reconsidering their vote. Jews have also been victimized throughout their existance, and might have more sympathy for the disadvantaged. I also heard Jewish people are bitter because they have reached the highest levels in society with both success and wealth, but are still shunned by some elite groups like country clubs. Some successful Jews really like being the big bad wolf and the man in charge. I think Democrats are more likely to give them a seat at the big boy table.

If I was Jewish, I would vote Republican.

• 006

First of all, Jewish <> Israeli. Judiasm is an ethinicity and a religion. Israel is a country, supposedly a representative democracy comprised of its citizens.

Second, it's in Israel's best interest to reconcile with Palestine sooner rather than later. If the status quo continues, Israel will become an apartheid state (Arabs will outnumber Jews) within a few decades, and will lose its identity as a "Jewish homeland".

Third, Obama is the US president, and is tasked with doing what is best for his country, not Israel. That being said, Israel is still the recipient of billions in US economic and military aid every year, so it's not like they're being shunned by the US in any real sense.

Jews in Israel probably do because Israel likes the U.S. for some inexplicable reason.

Israel is possibly the most amazing, impressive country there is right now. They're the country that America used to be: tough, self-sufficient, ballsy, and won't take sh!t from anyone. But they've been sacrificing it for years in order to do what America wants.

I think even Bush kinda screwed them over, honestly. Always telling them to give more land to the Palestinians, give more land to the Palestinians, give more land to the Palestinians. And they did as we asked; they put their @sses on the line for us and, even under Bush, we didn't act like true allies.

But I think Obama's even worse. He's straight-up said that if Israel launches an attack on Iran -- a country which denies the Holocaust, threatens them continuously, and has deadly weapons aimed at them -- America will shoot them down. He also has thrown them under the bus at the U.N. by saying that he doesn't believe the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlement; implying that they don't have the right to settle on their own lands because the Palestinians want it to be their land like it was hundreds of years ago.

I don't think America's been good to Israel. And Israel's been nothing but good to us.

Forget apologizing to all of our enemies. Apologize to our allies. I think we owe Israel an "I'm sorry" at the very least.

Mitchell -- Hmmm ... Good point.

• ICH8TE

The Jews in Israel don't seem to like him. There was a video on youtube that someone had posted here, and most of the trash in it was calling him racist names. And they get billions of dollars from this country every year, and he is the current President of this country. They have a lot of nerve!

• x x

Jews often do things not in their best interest. I can't understand why they would vote for Obama but that is for them to live with. His Church was defiantly an antisemitic church that hated Jews. But the believes they hype and fell for it because he was a "Democrat".

They will be sorry but will still vote for the left wing nut job for what reason I will never understand!

Some of the most vehement anti-Israel people happen to be Jews. Those are the type that vote for Obama.

• Paul

Barack Obama wins 77 percent of Jewish vote, exit polls show

What was the question again???

• ?

Obviously the majority of American Jews are suspicious of O, but I think the Jews that count realize that his hands are tied because Israel has enough important contacts in high places to destroy him should it ever become necessary.

No, Obama does not like Jews. Just look at his actions. He sides with the Muslims as he has always promised to do.