Please help me.....easy ten points! You know what I don't understand about parents?

It's pretty long but PLEASE read... Okay, so when they're young, per say, or your age -- so to speak -- they are wild, and outrageous and do things you would do these days. Then they grow up. Somewhere along the way, they've gradually yet with massive force outgrown these standards and... show more It's pretty long but PLEASE read...

Okay, so when they're young, per say, or your age -- so to speak -- they are wild, and outrageous and do things you would do these days. Then they grow up. Somewhere along the way, they've gradually yet with massive force outgrown these standards and expectations. You know, they "desire" different things.

My question is: When did they happen to outgrow their "coolness" and individuality? Now, they let their kids do whatever their friends consider "appropriate," even if they themselves think the outlook as a whole is refreshing and insightful or whatever.

My parents think that piercings and tatoos are lame and look like you've got no manners and/or were not educated "properly."
Now, for me, there are no right or wrong parents skills, there's ONLY parenting skills, period.

I'm 14 and my parents didn't let me go to the mall or movies alone with friends until I was like 12-13 years old.

And parents usually tell kids to be themselves, and while their growing up, the parent encourages them to believe in themselves and to throw themselves at whatever life has to offer.

Then, when you get accepted into modeling school or something, they backfire on you when you least think they would.

Typical!

Unbelievable, that's it.

Anyway, the point is, who's with me?

My parents don't even like let me paint my nails neon colors (they let me occasionally but whatever, they naturally detest it and I constantly am holding a grudge against it nonstop.)

So this is downright weird. How could they tell you to "follow your dreams" and then prevent you from everything later on in the future?

My parents don't even like me buying long earrings and stuff, they think it looks..."sl*tty" but anyway, those are the only kind I wear.

And I know my intellectuality is still there, I just can't seem to get it out in recent years. And lately it's been a real drag.
Who's with me?

It's just so tempting. My parents don't even like me using strapless but I still do it. And I'm so annoyed! I wasn't allowed to wear makeup until I had to sneak behind their back at age 12 and was sometimes able to get away with it and manage getting my way around it.

But still.

When did they become so lame?
Update: It's so dull though

I can't even watch R unless it's with them (and I've only seen 2 in my life, and it's awkward with them) and I don't have a bedtime though b/c I didn't listen to them back when I did.