Why is the government not allowing me to smoke Clove Cigarettes after 9/22/09?

As of September 22, it will be illegal to sell flavored cigarettes. As a result, clove cigarettes, which have been imported from Indonesia and sold in the U.S. since 1968, and cigarettes flavors like cherry and chocolate mocha are about to become a controlled substance.

The reason reported is to not attract children but studies show that minors prefer regular cigs or menthol. The above mention cigarettes are still available for sale. Clove cigarettes account for less than 1% of cigarette sales.

Why is the government telling why types of tobacco flavor I am ALLOWED to have after they have increased taxes on it 400% and I am virtually not allowed to smoke in public? Is this still America? I know cigarette smoke is not good for my health but it is a choice that I have made and I should have the right to pollute my lungs with what ever flavor that I choose.

It's infuriating, I know, when the supposed "free country" restricts what we can and can not do. I'm sure there will be a black market for it so get the cloves now before they have a "war on cloves"

it incredibly is no longer the region OF the government TO POLICE YOUR each and every action. for this reason cigarettes and alcohol and fatty meals and porn and various different issues that are actually not reliable for us are nevertheless legal. seem into the government slightly, you will discover that lots of the failings the government regulates are technically no longer in the perview or the founding father's unique intentions of the federal government. usa of america relies on the disappearing theory of non-public accountability. meaning, it incredibly is as much as you to administration your self. it incredibly is as much as you to alter what you place into your physique and how you behave your self. KAYLA: Uh, all of us die sweetie, do no longer think of you're any diverse.

I don't know . I am a Democrat and I think it is stupid . Democrats have their asinine ways too I guess .

It is like when I hear Republicans talking about Democrats who smoke . I wonder if they realize that Tobacco is very much a Red State Republican ( even backed politically ) industry .

I am absolutely fed up with the government. Screw the government right to hell.