How many calories can I consume and still lose? Serious question?

There are SO many diffrent calculations out there. It would help if someone who really knows or experienced can help. I'm 5'5", 138lbs and pretty sedentary (I am laid off and spend 99% of my day at the computer, reading, bubble baths, tv and sleeping at night. 1% I am either out doing errands or... show more There are SO many diffrent calculations out there. It would help if someone who really knows or experienced can help.

I'm 5'5", 138lbs and pretty sedentary (I am laid off and spend 99% of my day at the computer, reading, bubble baths, tv and sleeping at night. 1% I am either out doing errands or watching my husbands sports games he participates in).

Based on my research of losing weight and calorie intake, I have figured my BMR is 1440, multiplying this by 1.2 (since I am sedentary, gives me 1728 (this would be to maintain. Then obviously to lose 1 lb/week (3500 calories) I should be at 1228 Calories a day. Does that seem like I am calculating right?

So, 26 year old female, 5'5", 138, very sedentary, consuming about 1200 calories and LOSING weight? Can I go to 1,000 and still lose? What is the average lowest calories a sedentary female can consume and still lose ( I know if you go TOO low the plan back fires and your body hold on to the weight).

Thanks for the help!
Update: *** To Clarify, I know I have to make a deficit of 3500 calories a week (about 500 day) to lose 1 pound a week. My main question is, what is the LOWEST total calories for a day can I go and still lose? When doing different calculators online, I have gotten anywhere from 750 calories a day to 1440 a day to eat and... show more *** To Clarify, I know I have to make a deficit of 3500 calories a week (about 500 day) to lose 1 pound a week. My main question is, what is the LOWEST total calories for a day can I go and still lose? When doing different calculators online, I have gotten anywhere from 750 calories a day to 1440 a day to eat and lose. I know if you go TOO low the body will hold on to the weight. So for my age, weight, height ect, how FEW calories can I consume and still lose?