How long will the human race be able to survive on this planet earth ?

The way we (people) are polluting and also harming the environment and also using up natural resources, how long (how many {hundred} years) do you feel humans will be able to survive properly?

As you know 'Nature' is most powerful what are the chances that she might hit back in some way or the other at the human race (which mother nature has already done in the past)?

I am asking everybody and also experts?

It depends. If we learn to share, cooperate and love each other, the end won't come for a long time. On the other hand, nature could wipe us out in an instant.

Why ask this Fricken question. It's useless, Humans have a Few Thousand or Million years left. The Dinosaurs lived for 30millionyears+ i think. And humans only 7 i think. Oh, But what about the Nukes? Who cares .We have bomb shelters. We won't use them anyway due to they basically keep the Safety and Peace in the World. And if a Nuke was Launched. A thing called M.A.D. Only 2 Countrys battle it out. 1 Country attacks, Other deffends.

Anyway, That won't happen, Humans will be around for another few million or billion years.

We could also, Well don't be suprised be on another Planet or Moon, Hopefully mars and the moon.

Alex is Correct,

I believe we have the intelligence to overcome what the species that roamed the planet before us couldn't (extinction). We will be around for hundreds of thousands if not millions of years. Let's not forget that the Sun will not burn forever. Hopefully by then we would have already colonized some distant planet, or even Mars.

The population may be growing, But we know ways to Help eachother.

We arent the worst beings in the Universe. Trust me.

Kent is Incorrect, No nukes will be used anytime soon or in a few hundred years.

Just because Stephen Hawking is Famous, Doesnt mean he knows everything. He's a man in a chair who knows about blackholes.

Mikhael, Global WARMING turm is incorrect, Were in global cooling, We just came out the last iceage.

And yes, We are reliazing and we are understanding the Issue and the goverment and us as the human race will or are going to do something about it.

And Marcus is 101% Correct

I'd vote him if i were you!

I really believe we can live for thousands of years to come. The laws being put into place are getting stricter by the day, so people, companies, governments will be more and more controlled.

Technology is moving incredibly fast. Think of what we've achieved in the past 100 years as opposed to the Egyptians from say 4000 BC to 3900 BC. Huge difference. Our achievements are accelerating.

I seriously believe one day we won't have any problems with anything. The world won't be a nice place to live, cause everything will be regulated and boring, but in theory it could be perfect. I'm sure in a few hundred years we'll be able to control air humidity (to control rain, storms etc) and maybe even other things. Earthquakes will probably always be a problem as the tectonic plates are far to immense for us to move. Period.

If we do survive, and if Fusion power comes through soon enough, I think we might one day colonize another planet (starting with Mars)

Colonizing Mars wouldn't be terribly difficult, just extremely costly as there is no atmosphere and we'd have to build up living areas which have to be super safe (if the bubble brakes you're screwed)

Opinions?

• There are more factors than can be named for why humanity will become extinct by there own actions/inaction's. I think the human race will become extinct within the next 50-75 years. I read that by 2050 the population is expected to reach 8-10 billion people, more people = more pollution. I would hope that some kind of event triggers humanities survival instinct for self preservation and we realize that we as a species will only survive by preserving this planet for future generations. As things are going now we have become too complacent with our easy lifestyles, most people don't want to give up there gas guzzling S.U.V's and fast food. This means that nobody will do anything until the planet is hooped and we have to move to Mars or LaGrange colonies.

Source(s): Just My Opinion.

Opinions?

We are already in a state, what with the ice melting and global warming. The problem is, every individual person thinks "What difference is it going to make if I start recycling? Just me?" and the answer is not a big one. I'm the same, I personally don't recycle (but the household does) or anything because I know that so many other people don't so to me what's the point?

If it was law to recycle, then I would do it happily, knowing that everyone else in the country/world was doing the same. But that's not going to happen, and therefore nothing is going to change.

So, I'd give us about 100 years living properly (if that) and 200 (if that)before the end of the human race.

• zinck

Too hardship-free! right it relatively is a tougher question. Will human civilization stay to tell the tale the subsequent fifty years? If issues save on going the way they are going ideal now, then i might say no. yet then, issues by no potential do save going the way they are going. only once you think of it won't manage to get any worse, somebody steps up, and does what must be accomplished, and turns the excellent mess in a somewhat greater favorable direction. Mars is a complicated nut even with the undeniable fact that. the main important concern is that it hasn't have been given lots of an environment. it relatively is too small (not sufficient gravity) to maintain to any extent further air than what it relatively is have been given. it is likewise chilly as all get out. a severe-high quality thick environment might help to heat it up some, yet even even with the undeniable fact that which you had the ingredients and the capability and the time to make an entire planet's worth of air, there is only not sufficient gravity to maintain it interior the international. without air, you at the instant are not likely to strengthen any vegetation (a minimum of, not exterior of pressurized greenhouses), and without agriculture, there is no desire that a colony ought to ever stay to tell the tale there.

Professor Stephen Hawking, celebrated expert on the cosmological theories of gravity and black holes, believes that traveling into space is the only way humans will be able to survive in the long-term. He has said, "Life on Earth is at the ever-increasing risk of being wiped out by a disaster such as sudden global warming, nuclear war, a genetically engineered virus or other dangers ... I think the human race has no future if it doesn't go into space." Another of his famous quotes reiterates his position that we need to get off the planet relatively soon. "I don't think the human race will survive the next 1,000 years unless we spread into space."

There are several ways that our existence on earth is threatened. We have wandering asteroids and comets, there's also the infamous cosmics gamma rays that can be deadly within minutes of reaching us, and there's the way we treat our planet. If none of these are going to be that dangerous, we can live up to 4 billion years (until the sun grows big enough to affect us). Other than that, it could happen in any instant. A dying star within 1000 lightyears can emit intense gamma rays towards us, which will literally burn the planet. I feel that we have no more than 200-300 years if global warming takes full effect :D

Source(s): 1) www.documentary-log.com search for the end of the earth 2) guessing

The human race could survive for millions of years on earth but advancing technology will kill them of within the next 350 to 500 years.